Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Discussion

Okay call me a liar... - Page 1

Okay call me a liar...

Posted by: tachi
Date: 2013-07-31 20:36:02
Recently I started emulating pokemon black… (only because I felt like I owe the game a proper playthrough after giving mine away.) and after putting in the action replay codes that may or may not disable anti piracy, I began playing. Within the first 3 hours of playing while I was at the town after …new uh… fuck it, palette town, I got poke rus. It really sucks that I didn't take a screen shot at first, because nobody is going to believe that, and even if I did people would think I used an AR code to get it. >_< But this was 100% real without gamefaqs or exploits in any way. Unless that one code upped the chances (which I doubt) then for the first time I legitimately got pokerus for the first time in any of my pokemon games.

Also I learned a little more about EV training afterwards… I started trying at first aaaaaaannnd I got bored of it pretty fast and resumed playing normally. Also I stored one or 2 pokemon with it because I heard that preserves the virus. I wish the emulator I'm using had a wifi extension, but I understand why they can't. But god, I want to enjoy this game to its fullest. I'll post that question in the emulator help or whatnot folder and sorry for the bad grammar/spelling I'm exhausted these days.

Re: Okay call me a liar...

Posted by: Krazyguy75
Date: 2013-07-31 23:20:35
My favorite poke that I transferred from Hoenn got it. It was my starter, now a Blaziken. I spread it to as many of my B/W pokemon as possible.

Posted by: Bert
Date: 2013-08-01 15:53:49
My Charizard on Crystal version got Pokérus, which was pretty great.

Too bad I was at Victory Road and grinding took forever.

Posted by: OwnageMuch
Date: 2013-08-01 16:30:11
I have heard that codes in general do increase your chances of contracting the virus. I don't know if that's just hearsay or not though. I also contracted it at Olivine City on emulated gold version after using some codes.

Date: 2013-08-01 16:50:00

I have heard that codes in general do increase your chances of contracting the virus. I don't know if that's just hearsay or not though. I also contracted it at Olivine City on emulated gold version after using some codes.

D: that makes me sad now!

I can't really afford a ds these days, I'm tapped out. (not to mention a 30-50 dollar game) Ugh, anybody want to trade one for an fc twin and a copy of Super bomberman?

Posted by: Zowayix
Date: 2013-08-02 03:30:05
[spoilers]liar[/spoilers]

But I won't actually call you that because when I was playing Emerald however long ago that was I got the Pokerus pretty early too (around the time I got to the first gym). Wasn't even using codes.

Date: 2013-08-02 12:14:24

But I won't actually call you that because when I was playing Emerald however long ago that was I got the Pokerus pretty early too (around the time I got to the first gym). Wasn't even using codes.

To be honest, I didn't even want to use the code I had to put in. Heck if I could I'd buy another copy and another system. I like to play the games as the companies intended them to be played. I'm like that with food as well, I taste it first, and if it's absolutely terrible I'll add things like salt or condiments.

Posted by: OwnageMuch
Date: 2013-08-02 17:45:28

To be honest, I didn't even want to use the code I had to put in. Heck if I could I'd buy another copy and another system. I like to play the games as the companies intended them to be played. I'm like that with food as well, I taste it first, and if it's absolutely terrible I'll add things like salt or condiments.

I think it's more to do with heavy code abuse rather than just disabling the anti-piracy feature

Posted by: Krazyguy75
Date: 2013-08-02 20:11:04
I doubt that code use influences anything. I abused codes like hell in diamond, getting all the fully evolved pokemon EV trained in multiple ways. I was walking through walls, retriggering events, changing wild pokemon, getting infinite items, etc. I never got Pokerus. Not once. I played it for 3 years.

Also, if there was something in the game that could be affected by all codes in general, Nintendo would have better anti-hacking measures.