Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Discussion

Havin' them pokemon blues. - Page 1

Havin' them pokemon blues.

Posted by: tachi
Date: 2013-08-01 17:59:04
XD I got to Nimbasa city, and went into the gear station in pokemon black, and I started to really listen to the music there, and WOW. Being a guitar player, I'm almost required to know that chord progression. It was used in things like John Lee hooker's Same Old Blues Again and Jimi Hendrix's Red house.

Now I'm not saying "omgerd pokemon copied them" because that chord progression has been used by so many people that it's not even funny. The tempo is sped up here and they added the classic pokemon-ish keyboard near the end. It kinda sounds a little Ray Charles-ish in my opinion.

Anyways, just thought I'd point that out. If you heard a video game song that sounds like a song you know, tell us about it.

Re: Havin' them pokemon blues.

Posted by: Bert
Date: 2013-08-02 16:04:15
There's a two-player level in Sanic 3/Sanic & Knuckles called Azure Lake or something. Anyway, the song's beginning sounds like the end of "Paradise by the Dashboard Light" by Meat Loaf, where he sings "It was long ago/And it was far away/And it was so much better than it is today".

Here's Azure Lake (You only need to listen to the first 30 seconds or so)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHJz228QZ7k:

And here's Paradise by the Dashboard Light (skip to the eighth minute or so; yes, it's that long):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MHSI_Z1MWw

I'm a huge Meat Loaf fan and this sounds a little too similar to be coincidental. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to wear a tinfoil hat and frantically scribble things about constellations.