Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Discussion

Pokémon X and Y event Pokémon leaked (rumour) - Page 1

Pokémon X and Y event Pokémon leaked (rumour)

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2013-10-22 16:31:03
Apparently, last July the names of three Pokémon were registered as trademarks among the Japanese names of legitimate Pokémon like Jigarude (Zygarde) and revealed by Melkor. These names are (Dianshī), (Borukenion) and (Fūpa).

I'm not sure how to search the Japanese trademark database for the names however. Does anyone know how? Did I post the right link?

Anyway, it is reported that three Pokémon matching these names, #719 Diancie, #720 Volcanion and #721 Hoopa were posted on Serebii and shortly deleted. (screenshots) The types were Rock/Fairy, Fire/Water and Psychic/Ghost, respectively. These names match up with the aforementioned Japanese names and ostensibly their catch rates in respective order are 30, 3 and 3.

There are three factors in games themselves that support that they exist.

Firstly, this. When you enter the name of a Pokémon in the "What Pokémon?" field for a Pokémon that doesn't exist it takes a longer time for the game to return to the "Seek Pokémon" screen and the loading circle can be observed, while when you enter the names for one of these three Pokémon there is no loading circle.

Secondly, if you deposit a Pokémon and ask for one of these three Pokémon with its name in all caps, the name will be automatically changed to its proper case (e.g. VOLCANION -> Volcanion) while when I tried "BFG", the game didn't adjust it to "Bfg".

Finally this. It's possible to see another person's offer for Volcanion, at least. If you search for a level 31-40 female Goomy as of now, you can still see the offer for a Volcanion.

(image embedded below)

[img]http://i.imgur.com/lUbzeD5.jpg[/img]
Thoughts?

Re: Pokémon X and Y event Pokémon leaked (rumour)

Posted by: Bert
Date: 2013-10-23 15:47:06
This should be interesting to see. I'm disappointed that our first fire/water type is a legendary, and an event on at that, but what can you do.

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2013-10-23 17:09:17
I'm less interested in the event Pokemon and more interested in how GameFreak managed to keep this a secret for so long. Even though the 3DS hasn't been "cracked" yet, you'd still think there'd be a way to make the Pokedex access "hidden" numbers for unreleased Pokemon.

I really hope Nintendo doesn't make this DLC though, especially paid DLC.

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2013-10-24 12:01:24
Aren't event pokemon already DLC?

Posted by: SCared_Fir3
Date: 2013-10-24 14:17:14

I'm less interested in the event Pokemon and more interested in how GameFreak managed to keep this a secret for so long. Even though the 3DS hasn't been "cracked" yet, you'd still think there'd be a way to make the Pokedex access "hidden" numbers for unreleased Pokemon.

I really hope Nintendo doesn't make this DLC though, especially paid DLC.

I remember reading somewhere they would never have paid DLC…

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2013-10-25 23:50:08

Not really. They're hard-coded into the game already. You just download the item, which is also coded into the game, that allows you to access them. If we had a way of getting those items via Action Replay or whatnot, we'd be able to see ALL the Pokemon that are in the game, regardless of whether they are event Pokemon or not. The 3DS has not been "cracked" yet, however, making this impossible. It doesn't really add any content onto the game like DLC would. It's just unlocking stuff.

Posted by: Zowayix
Date: 2013-10-26 01:43:44

Not really. They're hard-coded into the game already. You just download the item, which is also coded into the game, that allows you to access them. If we had a way of getting those items via Action Replay or whatnot, we'd be able to see ALL the Pokemon that are in the game, regardless of whether they are event Pokemon or not. The 3DS has not been "cracked" yet, however, making this impossible. It doesn't really add any content onto the game like DLC would. It's just unlocking stuff.

Many games these days have the DLC included in the game data (but encrypted) and you have to pay to unlock it. However, event Pokemon are (thankfully) still free, so they don't fit the usual definition of DLC.

Doesn't mean that the fact you still have to leave your basement and go outside to a physical store for some of them even when they can distribute them over the internet just fine doesn't piss me off to no end.

Posted by: Raven Freak
Date: 2013-10-29 13:33:36
These will most likely be distributed by Gamestop in the US sometime in the future, so I highly doubt you'll have to pay for them. As for these hidden event Pokemon I don't like the name Hoopa at all, it's probably the ugliest name for a Pokemon unfortunately. :\ Every gen since Gen 4 iirc has had hidden Pokemon data and eventually the Pokemon themselves were revealed later on after the games were released in a series of events so this isn't anything new and these could very much be the real deal. Or it could be placeholder data but I dunno about that one. :P

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2013-11-01 12:43:45
Apparently, smealum hacked the game and revealed Diancie, Volcanion and Hoopa in the wild. I don't know how. Check out this link for screenshots.

In addition, two Mega Stones [size=1pt]Latiosite and Latiasite[/size] were found. Apparently, [size=1pt]These are the only new Mega Stones he/she could find[/size].

About a week ago, the Pokémon X and Y Pokémon data structure was decrypted and documented by Bond697 and through "some of the network-enabled features", it was possible to edit a Gible to be shiny and inject it back into the game. (link)

Posted by: SCared_Fir3
Date: 2013-11-07 16:04:41

Apparently, smealum hacked the game and revealed Diancie, Volcanion and Hoopa in the wild. I don't know how. Check out this link for screenshots.

In addition, two Mega Stones [size=1pt]Latiosite and Latiasite[/size] were found. Apparently, [size=1pt]These are the only new Mega Stones he/she could find[/size].

About a week ago, the Pokémon X and Y Pokémon data structure was decrypted and documented by Bond697 and through "some of the network-enabled features", it was possible to edit a Gible to be shiny and inject it back into the game. (link)

I like Diancie… the others not so much.
Also OMG THOSE MEGA STONES THOUGH AAAHHHH!
When you say inject it back into the game, I'm assuming it was their Pokemon they had caught and edited to be shiny, as opposed to a wild Pokemon?

Posted by: Raven Freak
Date: 2013-11-07 23:23:58
Most likely you are correct, a few hackers already made a program to where you could edit the Pokemon data you have ripped from your game, they could have written their own program and they altered the data of their original Gible via the program and injected it back into the game. However the guy that took the screenshots of the event Pokemon found them in the wild and have altered the Wild Pokemon encounter flag somehow, allowing him to not only obtain those Pokemon but a Mew as well.