Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Discussion

Anyone here play the Pokemon TCG? - Page 1

Anyone here play the Pokemon TCG?

Posted by: SCared_Fir3
Date: 2013-10-29 08:35:39
I'm looking to get into the Pokemon TCG, any tips/advice for beginners? I'm probably gonna buy the BW Plasma Freeze theme deck to start out…
Also I'm looking to play casually, not competitively haha

Re: Anyone here play the Pokemon TCG?

Posted by: tachi
Date: 2013-10-29 21:17:45
I used to. I'd recommend you use a single type deck, it is easier to draw energies to use attacks. A starter deck will always have 2 (i think) so maybe add a booster pack to get the "feel" if you catch my cold.

Posted by: Ketsuban
Date: 2013-10-31 22:12:06
I do.

Get the Red Genesect Collection. It's around $20, has an all-foil Grass/Psychic Genesect deck, two packs, a red Genesect coin, and a red Genesect pin.

Also, get PTCGO. It's free, lets you play online, and every time you buy a pack or theme deck there's a code inside for the same in PTCGO. :D

Posted by: SCared_Fir3
Date: 2013-11-07 16:06:14

I used to. I'd recommend you use a single type deck, it is easier to draw energies to use attacks. A starter deck will always have 2 (i think) so maybe add a booster pack to get the "feel" if you catch my cold.

I'm building a Keldeo EX/Blastoise/Black Kyurem EX deck right now. I bought the Elite Trainer Box and it gives you a lot of helpful stuff, and boosters!

And I almost bought the Red Genesect Collection, but got the Elite Trainer Box (Plasma Blast) instead since it gives you a lot of more stuff to start out with.

To anyone who still plays, we should all trade together sometime!

Posted by: Ketsuban
Date: 2013-11-07 22:51:23
I play. :D Sadly most of my trades are Unlimited format stuff… unless you wanna get into Unlimited? :3