Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Discussion

Random Pokemanz stories - Page 1

Random Pokemanz stories

Posted by: Bert
Date: 2013-11-11 17:38:48
Tell stories about dumb/hilarious/aggrivating stuff that's happened to you on our favorite fantasy cockfighting series.

I had the shittiest luck with Metronome yesterday. I was fighting Bugsy on Crystal version. My Togepi was facing his Kakuna. Since I'm a moron and don't know what variety is, I use Metronome because why not.

So Togepi uses Metronome and gets Perish Song, which is already horrible enough. So then I use the move again, and he uses fucking Petal Dance.

So clearly, my Togepi is completely fucked no matter what happens. It could've been a sacrificial death, but Bugsy switched his Kakuna with Scyther. And that's when I shut the game off.

Re: Random Pokemanz stories

Posted by: tachi
Date: 2013-11-13 02:06:02
So i was playing around with the 129 item slot glitch with missingno. and all of a sudden a level 160 something snorlax appears and takes out my entire team.

Oh and side note, because my game cartridge is still broken, professor oak screams at me sometimes when I press NEW GAME.

Posted by: Zowayix
Date: 2013-11-13 06:12:49
Copypasta'd from my Facebook status:

So I was playing Pokemon X on the bus home (as normal), and some random passerby by the name of Yoh decides to challenge me to a battle. Not wanting to pass up the opportunity to try out the new multiplayer features without having to actually talk to anyone, I accepted the request. I look at his team, and it's quite clear he's beaten the game already (given the play time on his profile) and meanwhile I'm still slacking off and am only up to training my team for the 7th gym. (I was in the middle of raising some freshly caught stuff from earlier routes to catch up with the levels of the rest of my team, so they're about level 34 at this point). Good thing all levels were set to level 50 for this one.

Then I screw up selecting my Pokemon by accidentally only using 5 when I could have just used all 6 (as he did). Too late at that point to back out now. So the battle starts, and 8 minutes of hardcore battling later:

I win despite every single odd being stacked up against me.

I am a god.

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2013-11-13 07:50:19

Copypasta'd from my Facebook status:

So I was playing Pokemon X on the bus home (as normal), and some random passerby by the name of Yoh decides to challenge me to a battle. Not wanting to pass up the opportunity to try out the new multiplayer features without having to actually talk to anyone, I accepted the request. I look at his team, and it's quite clear he's beaten the game already (given the play time on his profile) and meanwhile I'm still slacking off and am only up to training my team for the 7th gym. (I was in the middle of raising some freshly caught stuff from earlier routes to catch up with the levels of the rest of my team, so they're about level 34 at this point). Good thing all levels were set to level 50 for this one.

Then I screw up selecting my Pokemon by accidentally only using 5 when I could have just used all 6 (as he did). Too late at that point to back out now. So the battle starts, and 8 minutes of hardcore battling later:

I win despite every single odd being stacked up against me.

I am a god.

I remember selecting only three Pokémon once in a passerby battle, as I thought it was like the Battle Spot where you could only choose three Pokémon. I was relatively early in the game too. I lost, but I did manage to take down this guy's Blaziken.

Incidentally, Xerneas is pretty good on Battle Spot with Power Herb and Geomancy. I've had a few battles where I've just swept with its Moonblasts and Thunderbolts. I soft-resetted for a good nature but its IVs aren't too good. I should have got a synchronizer then.

Posted by: TheZZAZZGlitch
Date: 2013-11-16 11:34:28
I was playing Pokemon Yellow, minding my own glitchy business. Suddenly, I used the wrong special stat, and encountered 4 4 instead of 4 4 Hy. Surprisingly, 4 4 didn't crash my game, and gave me its cry, resembling the "Screaming Pikachu glitch" creepypasta. Then, it became a trainer, sent out a level 127 Missingno., and crashed my game.

Because I always have screen recording on while glitching (just in case), here's the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dQq6_xa8-U

I tried for hours, but I couldn't reproduce this effect ever again. Also, I was playing at 11PM in the dark, I've never been so scared before.

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2013-11-22 15:35:01

I was playing Pokemon Yellow, minding my own glitchy business. Suddenly, I used the wrong special stat, and encountered 4 4 instead of 4 4 Hy. Surprisingly, 4 4 didn't crash my game, and gave me its cry, resembling the "Screaming Pikachu glitch" creepypasta. Then, it became a trainer, sent out a level 127 Missingno., and crashed my game.

Because I always have screen recording on while glitching (just in case), here's the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dQq6_xa8-U

I tried for hours, but I couldn't reproduce this effect ever again. Also, I was playing at 11PM in the dark, I've never been so scared before.

That's interesting and a bit creepy, TheZZAZZGlitch. I remember some period of time before (I think) the video of the screaming Pikachu glitch by maclover201 I used to continually pressing the 'Activate' button on my Xploder (which brings up the trainer for cheat searches) just after pressing A on the title screen or talking to Pikachu. For some reason, that would cause some weird sounds from the Pikachu sound bank to play, but not to your or maclover201's extent.

Posted by: Bert
Date: 2013-11-22 15:40:30
Pikachu's a little b***h, always throwing a tantrum if you don't pay attention to him this exact second.

I'm not sure if it means anything, but my Crystal cartridge froze on me numerous times last week. I hadn't played it for a few months, so for all I know it might just be dust in the cartridge. It hasn't frozen on me since.

However, it brought up the "This game pak is only for use on the Game Boy Color" message. And it's had the same battery in it for 13 years…