Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Discussion

Current Pokemon Team - Page 1

Current Pokemon Team

Posted by: shaggs
Date: 2013-12-17 17:53:18
Post your team of the game you're currently playing the most.

Right now in X I have:

Syxiz lvl 49(Braixen)
Rainer lvl 48(Wartortle)
Gressas lvl 46(Gogoat)
Naciris lvl 42(Lucario)
Jace lvl 38(Deino)
Noibat lvl 32(fly slave lolol)

Re: Current Pokemon Team

Posted by: tachi
Date: 2013-12-17 23:29:36
Pokemon blue

Blastoise lvl ….above 40
Raichu lvl….above 40
Beedrill lvl…above 40
Nidoking lvl….above 40
Fearow lvl….above 40
Gyrados lvl….above 40

sorry, my cart won't allow me to see my team until i fix the contacts. Most likely getting this done in January.

Posted by: camper
Date: 2013-12-18 04:10:13
Pokemon Red
Mew level 53
Mew level 52
Blastoise level 50
Kadabra level 88 (overfed for encountering glitches)
Mew level 94 (overfed HM slave)
94 level 28

Posted by: Zowayix
Date: 2013-12-18 04:58:05
Edit: Updated with new lineup and nicknames, also holidays means no work which means no coffee which means no slightly less rambling about stuff nobody cares about

Pokemon X. Not competitive or anything, because I still haven't gotten around to beating the E4 yet. In all honesty I could probably just storm them right now and could have since a while ago (I refuse to go to the interwebs and look up what level they are / what Pokemon they have), but for whatever reason I feel a compulsion to over-perfect my team. Anyways:

Heliolisk "Lizzie" lv59 65 w/ Lucky Egg Miracle Seed
Naive / Dry Skin
- Thunderbolt
- Dark Pulse
- Grass Knot
- Thunder Wave
Lizzie is the name of the mascot for the Sydney 2000 Paralympic Games and is a frill-necked lizard, except this Heliolisk isn't physically disabled or anything.

Starmie "Inanna" lv78 81 w/ Expert Belt
Mild / Natural Cure
- Surf
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Dazzling Gleam
Inanna is apparently the Sumerian goddess of sex, war, and rock & roll or something like that. Anyways, her symbol is a starfish (and nicknaming Starmies "Patrick" every time just gets old). There's also Ishtar, but apparently that's a swear word and hence I'm not allowed to use it. Never mind that I'm a fucking adult last time I checked and I'll decide whether I can handle swearing or not. I really don't see why they couldn't just simply not display apparently offensive nicknames to online battle opponents if they're 8 years old and want to run home to their mummies because they encountered a word they don't like, and just stop "offensive" Pokemon being traded or remove their nicknames upon trading. Or just forget all that. The ratings boards in all regions all say "Gameplay experience may change online" or whatever for a fucking reason. Anyway, that's another story.

Sharpedo "Snacker" lv74 77 w/ King's Rock
Rash / Rough Skin
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Aqua Jet
- Ice Beam
There is an unwritten rule of Pokemon nicknames: If you can possibly make a Banjo-Kazooie reference, make a Banjo-Kazooie reference.

Mamoswine lv73 w/ item pending
Hasty / Oblivious
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang
- Rock Tomb
- Strength
Thinking of replacing this with some other Ground-type, because for whatever reason while it's statistically strong and not completely terribly slow, it just feels like it's rather weak and the slowest thing ever. Maybe it's because Ice Fang/Rock Tomb have low power and the rest of my team are pretty fast by comparison. I don't know, maybe I just don't like Mamoswine. Either way, I'll probably go with either a Nidoking or a Flygon later. Maybe if it's the latter I'll find a female one and name it Wa or Kaena just for old time's sake. Assuming that doesn't trigger some sort of emotional justice on my part, but that's another story. I've rambled on enough. I blame caffeine intake.

Flygon "Maddy" lv56 w/ Rocky Helmet
Adamant / Levitate
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Rock Slide
- Fly
Nickname is unavoidable and will be assigned to any female Flygon I ever catch in any Pokemon game ever (or some other variant). Don't try to find some sort of metaphor or something in the held item, I couldn't think of anything else to give her.

Blaziken lv84 88 w/ Blazikenite
Bashful / Speed Boost
- Sky Uppercut
- Hone Claws
- Shadow Claw
- Flamethrower
No nickname for you, because as every single NPC tells you, if you could change a Pokemon with a different ID number's nickname it would upset their feelings or whatever bullshit they come up with each time*. Poor robotic non-sentient distribution service. Someone should give it a hug. I know it put a lot of thought, effort, and love into this lack of nickname, and there are just cruel heartless people like me who would even consider changing that name to "KFC" or something.
* More nickname ranting: This shit needs to stop right now, Game Freak. Nobody gives a fucking shit if someone changes the nickname of what you just traded them. Fucking nobody. If you don't want people to change something, don't give it to them. Seriously.

Aegislash "Saika" lv82 85 w/ Quick Claw
Naive / Stance Change
- Iron Head
- Shadow Sneak
- Sacred Sword
- King's Shield (whoops forgot to put this in here last time and it looked like I'm too stupid to teach it a fourth move)
Name only really makes sense for a Honedge, but I figured I might as well use it for the final form as well.

Also I keep an Aerodactyl and Druddigon around for Fly and Cut/Rock Smash/Rock Climb slavery respectively, I was going to use the former as a main team member but I didn't feel it was really pulling its weight.

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2013-12-18 15:58:10
Your team looks great Zowayix, I'm sure you'll have no problem beating the league with it. If you can, I recommend teaching your Aegislash Swords Dance via the move relearner or by buying TM75 from Lumiose City's south PokéMart.

This was my team after I first beat the league. It's not as good as yours.

Charizard Lv. 75 w/ Charizardite X
Wing Attack
Heat Wave
Fire Fang
Power-Up Punch

Lucario Lv 73 w/ Lucarionite
Aura Sphere
Calm Mind
Payback
Dragon Pulse

Greninja Lv 74 w/Soothe Bell
Ice Beam
Surf
Grass Knot
Night Slash

Doublade Lv 74 w/Eviolite
Iron Head
Swords Dance
Shadow Sneak
Sacred Sword

Florges Lv 74 w/Rocky Helmet
Calm Mind
Magical Leaf
Dazzling Gleam
Wish

Flygon Lv 66 w/Lucky Egg
Crunch
Dragon Claw
Bulldoze
Rock Slide

They're now at much higher levels with better movesets, but I now have a completely different team used for Battle Spot matches. I can't remember the EV spreads but they are EV trained using Pokérus + Horde encounters.

Posted by: Bert
Date: 2013-12-19 15:15:06
Been playing Crystal Version a lot lately:

Meganium (Littlefoot):
Lvl. 32
Strength
Razor Leaf
Poisonpowder
Reflect

Eevee (Nesspeon):
Lvl. 31
Bite
Quick Attack
Sand-Attack
Tail Whip

Tentacool (No idea for a nickname)
Ll. 27
Surf
Sludge Bomb
Constrict
Supersanic

Togetic (Dr. Eggman)
Lvl. 31
Metronome
Fly
Charm
Safeguard

Nothing spectacular, but I dunno what to use as a fire type. I'm leaning towards Entei.

Date: 2013-12-20 00:13:08
So I went and caught myself an Adamant Trapinch which I have now fully evolved and is at level 46, holding a Lucky Egg (Heliolisk now has a Miracle Seed). I'll visit the Name Rater later on after I've raised it to about 60-65 or so, and then I guess I'll see how well I handle the nickname in mind.

Been playing Crystal Version a lot lately:

Meganium (Littlefoot):
Lvl. 32
Strength
Razor Leaf
Poisonpowder
Reflect

Eevee (Nesspeon):
Lvl. 31
Bite
Quick Attack
Sand-Attack
Tail Whip

Tentacool (No idea for a nickname)
Ll. 27
Surf
Sludge Bomb
Constrict
Supersanic

Togetic (Dr. Eggman)
Lvl. 31
Metronome
Fly
Charm
Safeguard

Nothing spectacular, but I dunno what to use as a fire type. I'm leaning towards Entei.

There's not much of a selection of fire types in Crystal anyway:
- Arcanine
- Rapidash (even Ponyta is only found in Kanto, from your levels it looks like you're not quite there yet)
- Magmar (Kanto only, unless you got Magby from the Odd Egg)
- Typhlosion (which you didn't choose)
- Entei
- Magcargo (Kanto only)
- Ho-Oh
- Houndoom (Kanto only)

Which limits your options to Arcanine and the two legendaries. While Entei would probably be great if you can find it, I personally wouldn't bother going out of your way to get it and even if you do encounter it, to have a chance at catching it you of course, as we all know, still have to be prepared with Spider Web/Mean Look or all those other bags of tricks which is common knowledge but still is impractical to use for an in-game team so nobody bothers. And then there's Ho-Oh , which you would have to catch Entei as described but also Raikou with the same amount of difficulty. And then you have to progress all the way to the part in the story where you can get Suicune (which is right after you save the radio tower) and then catch that too, with the same low catch rate. And then of course Ho-Oh itself has a low catch rate.

So yeah, I'd be going to Route 35 and finding yourself a nice Growlithe if you want a fire type. Also, you still have another team slot left, so there's all sorts of things you can put there.

And I managed to make it through reading your post without making fun of you picking Chi-FFF CAN'T HOLD IT ANY LONGER
HAHAHAHA
MEGANIUM ARE YOU KIDDING ME WHO TH- Okay, I'll stop.

Date: 2013-12-21 16:02:48

And I managed to make it through reading your post without making fun of you picking Chi-FFF CAN'T HOLD IT ANY LONGER
HAHAHAHA

At least I'm not compensating for something by picking the 'cool starters.'

[size=2pt]By picking Chikorita, I'm more or less accepting it ;____;[/size]

No but srsly yeah what a crock of shit for fire types. Thanks for putting most Gen II Pokémon in Kanto, dumbasses. I might not even use a fire type, I'll just latch Flamethrower onto something else.

And I'mma nickname my eventual Tentacruel 'Cruelthulu' or something equally awkward. Maybe I'll use a Girafarafarafarafarafarig this time, since I haven't before.

Date: 2013-12-21 22:03:27

HAHAHAHA

No but srsly yeah what a crock of shit for fire types. Thanks for putting most Gen II Pokémon in Kanto, dumbasses. I might not even use a fire type, I'll just latch Flamethrower onto something else.

And I'mma nickname my eventual Tentacruel 'Cruelthulu' or something equally awkward. Maybe I'll use a Girafarafarafarafarafarig this time, since I haven't before.

The move tutor guy only appears in the Game Corner post-E4 (and only Fire-types learn it by level-up in Gen II), so you'll probably want Fire Blast or Fire Punch instead.

Usually I would name my Tentacruel something alluding to hentai or tentacle rape, but I suppose you kids these days prefer something more "appropriate".

Posted by: tachi
Date: 2013-12-21 22:26:21
Here

http://pkmn.net/?action=rater&page=pokemon&id=73

Date: 2013-12-22 14:59:26

HAHAHAHA

No but srsly yeah what a crock of s**t for fire types. Thanks for putting most Gen II Pokémon in Kanto, dumbasses. I might not even use a fire type, I'll just latch Flamethrower onto something else.

The move tutor guy only appears in the Game Corner post-E4 (and only Fire-types learn it by level-up in Gen II), so you'll probably want Fire Blast or Fire Punch instead.

Usually I would name my Tentacruel something alluding to hentai or tentacle rape, but I suppose you kids these days prefer something more "appropriate".

It's not that I don't want to nickname it after one of those activities, my tiny uncreative brain just can't come up with anything clever.

Posted by: SCared_Fir3
Date: 2013-12-27 17:55:01
Pokemon Y Team:

Talonflame - Lv. 58
Pokey the Charizard - Lv. 59
Roark the Lucario - Lv. 59
Silver the Raichu - Lv. 59
Froggy the Greninja - Lv. 57
Gogoat - Lv. 57

About to challenge the last gym, wish me luck!