Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Discussion

Living Dex? - Page 1

Living Dex?

Posted by: SCared_Fir3
Date: 2013-12-20 11:32:35
Anybody here working on/or have completed a Living Dex? If you have no idea what I'm talking about,
A living Pokédex is a fan term for a game which not only has a complete Pokédex, but has one of every available species of Pokémon stored in its PC boxes as well, usually in their National Pokédex order. It follows the most literal interpretation of the former slogan of the series, "Gotta catch 'em all!". It is considered a holy grail among some collectors. Among others, it is considered a waste of time and box space.

I'm working on my Living Dex in White right now, and I'm pretty close to finishing the first three gens. I have a ton of blank space after those since I don't have my Pearl version anymore, and didn't really catch a lot of the new Pokemon in White when I was playing through it. But now I'm catching up! I'll keep you guys updated with how it goes.

I plan on transferring all of them over to Bank/Y and starting a Kalos Living Dex, or at least of the Pokemon I don't already have AKA the new ones.

Re: Living Dex?

Posted by: shaggs
Date: 2013-12-20 12:14:15
That's badass. I've thought about doing that before but never got around to it. Keep us updated on your living dex.

Date: 2013-12-20 14:22:39
It's more obnoxious than I thought it would be. I kinda regret trading off some Pokemon because I need to hunt them down again for the Living Dex… :|

Oh well that's what I get. And it makes it more fun.

Posted by: OwnageMuch
Date: 2013-12-20 19:07:18
Is there even enough box space in the game to do this nowadays?

Posted by: camper
Date: 2013-12-21 05:19:49
There wasn't enough in Gen I for all 256 Pokemon.

Date: 2013-12-21 12:31:42

Think about what you just said.

And I think in X/Y there is, I know you have to have a certain amount of Pokemon in boxes to unlock more box space though. And we'll have bank too, so that shouldn't be a problem.

Posted by: OwnageMuch
Date: 2013-12-21 23:36:02

Hahahah, very clever!

Posted by: Tsukuu
Date: 2014-02-27 18:37:05
I completed mine!!! ;D ;D ;D

http://imgur.com/a/BxFgL

Just waiting for Diance and the two others that will take longer.