Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Discussion

"Pokémon Bank suspended from Japanese eShop." - Page 1

"Pokémon Bank suspended from Japanese eShop."

Posted by: SCared_Fir3
Date: 2013-12-26 09:49:46
"Pokémon Bank suspended from Japanese eShop. Western release unclear."

Nintendo have announced that they have temporarily removed Pokémon Bank from the Nintendo 3DS eShop. This is following hte massive influx of users on both Nintendo 3DS and Wii U coming on Christmas, plus the addition of Pokémon Bank causing the Nintendo Network to drive to a halt. This means users cannot download it anymore and currently cannot access the features of the game.. It is currently unclear when Pokémon Bank and Poké Transporter will return, or if the western release is delayed. They have made it clear that the 30 day trial for previously registered users will restart when it returns.
Edit @ 13:14: Pokémon Bank is now listed with a release of TBD (To Be Decided) on the North American and European eShops. We'll bring details on this as soon as we can

Thoughts?

I'm pissed off. I can't even use Wondertrade without the update (which I can't even download bc eshop sucks) and now this happens.

Re: "Pokémon Bank suspended from Japanese eShop."

Posted by: Tsukuu
Date: 2013-12-26 11:03:37
OH, luckily me and a friend got all unobtainable pokés in time from GTS, so we bred for each other, except Unown that I got for depositing a Monsoon Vivillon, and I just gave it to him since it was already on my pokédex anyway. Now I just gotta evolve them.

Posted by: shaggs
Date: 2013-12-27 03:42:29
Wonder trade be legit. This sucks because I was planning to borrow my uncles white to transfer over pokemon. oh well. Fug Yous gamefreak

Posted by: Tsukuu
Date: 2013-12-27 15:51:13
Also, some of you guys might already know but I'll link here anyway.

Obvious hacks made through, including a level 1 Gengar

Hacking the Poké's caught value in BW(2) to a game value beyond them and location to one that matches a XY one will make them gain the blue Kalos pentagon and potentially make hacks take part in VGC. Includes a list of pokés that aren't stopped either, like HoO Arceus

This Scizor with Bug Bite also made through as a Kalos-native pokémon

Posted by: Zowayix
Date: 2013-12-28 00:49:14

Hacking the Poké's caught value in BW(2) to a game value beyond them and location to one that matches a XY one will make them gain the blue Kalos pentagon and potentially make hacks take part in VGC. Includes a list of pokés that aren't stopped either, like HoO Arceus

Slightly unrelated to the original topic but somewhat related to this: What if the reason why there are six Kalos region bytes is because of the three segments of the Pokedex * two games? I suppose we'll have to wait until the data structures and whatnot of Gen 6 are figured out, and then look at the region bytes of some normal Kalos Pokeymans.

Anyway, I'd be interested to see a normal Hoenn Pokemon from RSE be parked, transferred, and finally banked up to XY and see if the location says "Hoenn" or "Faraway place" or whatever.