Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Discussion

GTS notifications - Page 1

GTS notifications

Posted by: VaeporSage
Date: 2014-03-22 14:32:14
It's a pain to have to check in from time to time on my Pokémon to see if it's been traded or not. I seem to recall there being a way of being alerted via email when the trade is completed.

However, I don't check my email very often, so I was wondering if:

1) It is actually possible to receive email alerts in this way;
2) It is possible to receive a text message notifying me of this email alert.

That would be perfect for me and save a lot of effort checking in with the GTS all the time.

Re: GTS notifications

Posted by: xparasite9
Date: 2014-03-22 20:14:25
That pretty much got thrown out three months after it was implemented.
And now all the previous generations' GTS servers will be shut down in a few months so it doesn't really matter anymore at this point.

Re: GTS notifications

Posted by: VaeporSage
Date: 2014-03-24 11:46:28
http://gaming.stackexchange.com/questions/152557/how-do-you-know-if-your-pokemon-has-been-traded-in-the-gts

It was this I read. So it's the Pokémon Global Link logbook, not email!  ;D

But even so, if I go to the trouble of signing up for this Global Link thing (I don't even know what it is tbh), could I get the logbook to somehow contact me when the GTS trades my Pokémon?  :???: