Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Discussion

Favorite original type - Page 1

Favorite original type

Posted by: PokeGlitchFanatic
Date: 2014-05-10 19:58:27
This is a fun poll I made to celebrate the Hoenn remakes.

Re: Favorite original type

Posted by: Krazyguy75
Date: 2014-05-10 23:33:42
Psychic (Espeon from Colosseum). Best Gen 3 starter ever.

Posted by: voltage
Date: 2014-05-10 23:37:24
I voted for the Water type because I find that all the water starters are consistently cool over the generations.

Posted by: Stackout
Date: 2014-05-12 06:40:47

Psychic (Espeon from Colosseum). Best Gen 3 starter ever.

…so much this. But don't forget the other starter you got in Colosseum (Umbreon) :)

Posted by: Krazyguy75
Date: 2014-05-12 15:40:28
Yeah, Umbreon was cool, and I personally like Umbreon's appearance better than Espeon, but Espeon carried me through that game, so if I were to pick a single type, it'd be psychic.

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2014-05-12 17:14:54
On the topic of starter Pokemon on the Gamecube games, what about the Eevee that you get at the beginning of XD? That was the best starter from any game in my opinion, considering you could change it to one of its five forms so quickly.

Posted by: Stackout
Date: 2014-05-13 03:59:31

On the topic of starter Pokemon on the Gamecube games, what about the Eevee that you get at the beginning of XD? That was the best starter from any game in my opinion, considering you could change it to one of its five forms so quickly.

Yeah, didn't you actually get whichever stone you wanted soon into the storyline?

I don't think I actually used whatever stone I got, instead preferring to keep my Eevee as is.

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2014-05-13 19:05:22

Yeah, didn't you actually get whichever stone you wanted soon into the storyline?

Yep, and not only the stones, but you got ribbons(?) too, I think, or something like them. Whatever they were, you could evolve your Eevee into Umbreon or Espeon, something you wouldn't be able to do without a friendship evolution in the night or day.

Date: 2014-05-17 07:08:28
Well,as of May 17,water is in the lead.Will that change? Keep the votes coming!

Posted by: Ketsuban
Date: 2014-05-17 10:58:28
??? type.

</thread>

Posted by: Zowayix
Date: 2014-05-17 11:08:56

??? type.

</thread>

??? was never and will never be a starter type. u wot m8?

Posted by: camper
Date: 2014-05-17 11:49:07

??? type.

</thread>

??? was never and will never be a starter type. u wot m8?

If every type is included, I'd choose PokeManiac type.

Date: 2014-05-17 16:53:50
Alrighty:
Fire and water are tied in first place. Can grass pull through?

Posted by: Zowayix
Date: 2014-05-17 22:59:48
Grass starters are often the (attempted objectively) worst in terms of gym/E4 matchups, stats, level up movepool, etc. so I doubt it.

Anyway, I voted for fire because there are two types of Pokémon games:
1) I don't use the starter anyway, though I choose Water just so the rival gets stuck with the Grass type and I have a decent HM slave
2) I use Torchic or Chimchar due to their excellent type coverage and attack/speed

Date: 2014-05-30 17:53:47
Ta da! After my extended absence, water is leading! Woohoo! Keep the votes coming!!