Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Discussion

The Pacifidlog TM man and the berry glitch - Page 1

The Pacifidlog TM man and the berry glitch

Posted by: VaeporSage
Date: 2014-05-17 14:24:03
If you have a copy of R/S/E with its battery run dry, head over to Pacifidlog Town. There, you'll find that the man who normally is quite punctual with his supplies of Return and Frustration has encountered a bizarre stocking issue.

"Oh, yes. In another 2430 or so days, I should be getting a good TM or two. You should come see me then. I'll give you a TM that's suitable for your Pokémon."

Of course, this never changes by the next day. It appears that the Pacifidlog TM man must constantly re-schedule his next purchase for 6 years, 34 weeks and 2 days in the future. A busy man, it would seem.

Re: The Pacifidlog TM man and the berry glitch

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2014-05-17 14:38:11
Nice find, for my dead battery Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald he says 8 days (I tested all three), with Sapphire never picking up the TM before, so for Sapphire I obtained the TM then talked to him. I wonder why your experience differs.

By the way, I think the berry glitch and having a dead battery are two different things, which is why you can patch the berry glitch but not a dead battery without having to replace it.

Posted by: VaeporSage
Date: 2014-05-17 14:42:57
Well, in fact I've just remembered that it's not the berry glitch that's causing this; the battery in my cartridge literally has run dry.

My Sapphire's battery is similarly dead; the TM man there tells me that it will be a number of hundred days before he can provide me with a TM or two.

EDIT: NINJA'D, but I posted two seconds before your edit.  :P

Posted by: Bert
Date: 2014-05-17 16:42:35

If you have a copy of R/S/E with its battery run dry, head over to Pacifidlog Town. There, you'll find that the man who normally is quite punctual with his supplies of Return and Frustration has encountered a bizarre stocking issue.

"Oh, yes. In another 2430 or so days, I should be getting a good TM or two. You should come see me then. I'll give you a TM that's suitable for your Pokémon."

Of course, this never changes by the next day. It appears that the Pacifidlog TM man must constantly re-schedule his next purchase for 6 years, 34 weeks and 2 days in the future. A busy man, it would seem.

This post deserves a Pulitzer Prize.

I get the same result as Torchickens. Getting the TMs after the battery dies is part of the reason for the numbers, but where these numbers come from is what I want to know.

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2014-06-18 14:30:17
I found a video of someone getting the glitch in Japanese Sapphire. For their game it says 64317 days.