Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Discussion

Who's got Pokerus? - Page 1

Who's got Pokerus?

Posted by: Krazyguy75
Date: 2014-05-30 15:42:06
So, I just got Pokerus for the second time in my pokemon playing career. This time was in a replay of emerald, before I even got to the first gym!

I just wanted to check out who else got Pokerus, where they got it from, and in what game. So, just share your stories involving this rare virus!

Re: Who's got Pokerus?

Posted by: tachi
Date: 2014-05-30 16:04:49
I got pokerus in black (emulated). If nintendo didn't shut down the wifi services for that game, i could have traded it to you for a pidgey or something.

Posted by: voltage
Date: 2014-05-30 16:35:20
The only game I got Pokerus in was in Emerald…but that was from the corruption from the Hidden Team/access Pokemon beyond the sixth slot glitch. I haven't gotten Pokerus the normal way yet.

Posted by: Bert
Date: 2014-05-30 16:51:36
The first time I got Pokérus was on Ruby Version. I wasn't paying attention, so all I see on the screen is this massive wall of text explaining what it was.

My Charizard on Crystal Version got it some time ago. It didn't make grinding in Victory Road any easier, unfortunately.

Posted by: Missingnoguy55
Date: 2014-05-30 19:55:46
I got it once in Emerald through Action Replay mishaps – I never obtained it legitimately.

Spread that to Pearl and eventually to Black.

Posted by: Tsukuu
Date: 2014-05-30 20:07:22
I first got by spawning cheated shiny full-255 pokés in my Emerald. :/

The first "legit" one was a Gastly I got via Wonder Trade in Y, but that's not really mine.

Posted by: Zowayix
Date: 2014-05-30 21:39:35
I've gotten it [legitimately] a couple of times IIRC, one that I do remember was when I was playing Emerald and I got it more or less at the start of the game. Fo' reals. That might have actually been the same run where I found a Pikachu with Light Ball on the first try.

Posted by: camper
Date: 2014-05-31 03:29:21
The TPP Platinum save file has one. Look for the Togepi in the PC.

Date: 2014-05-31 05:01:46

I've gotten it [legitimately] a couple of times IIRC, one that I do remember was when I was playing Emerald and I got it more or less at the start of the game. Fo' reals. That might have actually been the same run where I found a Pikachu with Light Ball on the first try.

Hey, that sounds a lot like mine. I got it some time in Petalburg woods, before I even got to the first gym city. I was very confused because I knew the rarity of that was astronomical, as it is rarer than shiny pokemon IIRC, and to get it that early was a pleasant surprise. I'm "keeping it fresh" by storing it on an Abra in my PC, which I caught specifically for that purpose (even named it "Pokerus"), as I know I'll never train an Abra accidentally.

Posted by: VaeporSage
Date: 2014-05-31 06:39:36
Got it once in Sapphire, once in Pearl and once on the first week of playing Y.

And of course, corruption experimentation has left Pokérus on most of my stuff in Emerald. Speaking of which, Emerald's internal battery has died - will Pokérus ever wear off?

Posted by: OwnageMuch
Date: 2014-05-31 07:54:07
I've only ever had it on emulator of gold version, kind of like how I always find shinies while derping around on an emulator but never in the actual games

Date: 2014-05-31 16:26:28

Got it once in Sapphire, once in Pearl and once on the first week of playing Y.

And of course, corruption experimentation has left Pokérus on most of my stuff in Emerald. Speaking of which, Emerald's internal battery has died - will Pokérus ever wear off?

Yeah, I'm pretty sure, because my emulator version had it and it still wore off.

Posted by: hpoké_coloradohugge
Date: 2014-06-01 15:35:55
Iv'e found six shinies, but i've never ever got Pokerus on any game, and i play alot….like; 3-4 hours a day (any gen)