Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Discussion

Articuno and binoculars - Page 1

Articuno and binoculars

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2014-06-01 16:48:25
You still see Articuno through the binoculars in the gate on Route 15 after catching it. This applies to both Generation I and Generation III.

In Generation I this isn't the case with a Snorlax after catching it, so it makes me wonder why Articuno is different. Of course, Game Freak didn't have to make things consistent, but I think it makes things a little confusing.

Re: Articuno and binoculars

Posted by: hpoké_coloradohugge
Date: 2014-06-01 16:57:21

You still see Articuno through the binoculars in the gate on Route 15 after catching it.

Yeah i noticed that on my yellow about a year ago. But one thing that bothered me was that Articunos sprite was green like every route is in yellow because the binocularhouse/RouteTransitionHouse also uses the Route pallete instead of the "blue pokémon pallete" found in the battle screen of yellow.

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2014-06-01 17:01:33

You still see Articuno through the binoculars in the gate on Route 15 after catching it.

Yeah i noticed that on my yellow about a year ago. But one thing that bothered me was that Articunos sprite was green like every route is in yellow because the binocularhouse/RouteTransitionHouse also uses the Route pallete instead of the "blue pokémon pallete" found in the battle screen of yellow.

Ah yeah, that's kind of annoying for a Pokémon that's supposed to be blue.

Posted by: tachi
Date: 2014-06-01 20:28:34

You still see Articuno through the binoculars in the gate on Route 15 after catching it. This applies to both Generation I and Generation III.

In Generation I this isn't the case with a Snorlax after catching it, so it makes me wonder why Articuno is different. Of course, Game Freak didn't have to make things consistent, but I think it makes things a little confusing.

They most likely they forgot to change that by that period of development. Game designing is nowhere as tedious as it used to be, lol.

and I'm sure you know that they were dumb enough to replace the debugging tool with Mew, soooo you know, even if they did catch it, there's probably not much they could have done.

As for gen III, only one word, insanity.

Posted by: Bent`
Date: 2014-06-03 23:33:56

Not a glitch, just an oversight. Led to a lot of people who didnt know any better labeling it Hooh, back in the day