Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Discussion

A question for anyone knowledgeable about Generation I's promotional period - Page 1

A question for anyone knowledgeable about Generation I's promotional period

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2014-07-25 14:15:09
Where exactly did these images come from? (click the link at the bottom to go to the next page)

Were they from a press kit?

I know that at least some of the early promotional Pokémon names are valid, because this poster has matching ones.

Re: A question for anyone knowledgeable about Generation I's promotional period

Posted by: Stilgar
Date: 2014-07-25 20:23:52
Could they be early collectible trading sticker cards? The designs look similar to some of the ones that we had in the West too.

Re: A question for anyone knowledgeable about Generation I's promotional period

Posted by: SatoMew
Date: 2015-02-14 08:53:31
I asked 52Poké Wiki staff member Chao for a translation of the green text found at the top since he's Chinese.

His translation of
位網大家好現寶貝要網
was
"Welcome netizens, I'm Yang Shiwei. I have opened a section for downloading pictures of Pokémon, which I hope would be useful for those who need it."

He also commented on how strange it is for these pictures to be on an elementary school website.