Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Discussion

Pokémon music in real life - Page 1

Pokémon music in real life

Posted by: VaeporSage
Date: 2014-08-25 16:10:44
Recently I decided to compile some of my Pokémon piano pieces into videos for YouTube, which has been fun so far.  :) https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLIe715Ge5Ey2PcjFRcOL234XxWecimYOJ

blahpy showed me a cool video of his playing the D/P/Pt Pokémon League theme, so I got to wondering if anyone else here has any footage of themselves emulating the sounds of the Pokémon games on real instruments. I'd love to hear it! ^_^

Re: Pokémon music in real life

Posted by: tachi
Date: 2014-08-25 22:24:08
if you buy me a custom pickguard, a pack of strings, a decent amp, and a recording device I can perform the opening theme on guitar.

I have to have the pickguard to mount the pickups onto it, then wire/load the rest of the components to the pickguard,  strings so i can play my bloody instrument, and the rest you can piece together why i would need it to show you live footage.

Posted by: Bert
Date: 2014-08-26 15:36:41
I can shoddily play 2:40-3:30 of Lugia's Song on a piano, but that's it.

I can sing the chorus to Viridian City, if that counts.

No footage though. You guys don't need to bear witness to that.

Posted by: SCared_Fir3
Date: 2014-08-26 20:23:50
I can play the theme song and Pallet town theme on piano, but I don't have any videos of anything…

Posted by: Zowayix
Date: 2014-08-27 04:23:14
I can sing a whole bunch of songs from the games plus all the crap on the 2BA Master album and related CDs.

Very badly, mind you.