Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Discussion

Black 2 Question about Wi-Fi. - Page 1

Black 2 Question about Wi-Fi.

Posted by: luckytyphlosion
Date: 2014-09-27 21:12:53
Today I decided to try connecting to Wi-Fi because Wyanaut. I started to connect, and when it gave me the error message it said something like "Nintendo Wi-Fi has been discontinued for this software".

Does that mean Nintendo expected that Wi-Fi would be disconnected by putting that error message in the game?

Re: Black 2 Question about Wi-Fi.

Posted by: Tsukuu
Date: 2014-09-27 21:31:49
All I know is that the certificates in the game would expire sometime in 2015 iirc, so a shutdown was foreseen.

Re: Black 2 Question about Wi-Fi.

Posted by: DaWoblefet
Date: 2014-09-28 07:16:57
Nintendo officially cut off their servers for all Nintendo DS and Wii systems in May of this year. This was announced as far back as February (link on Bulbanews). They discussed keeping things alive over on Project Pokemon a while back for Pokecheck and the like, but it requires ROM hacking and a whole bunch of other fun stuff.