Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Discussion

Pokémon TCG ratios? - Page 1

Pokémon TCG ratios?

Posted by: PhantoMewtwo
Date: 2014-11-03 06:21:54
Is there, like, a ratio for the chances of getting different kinds of cards as rare cards/reverse holos? If yes, can I know what are the chances of getting an ex/secret rare etc. in a booster pack?

Re: Pokémon TCG ratios?

Posted by: tachi
Date: 2014-11-03 10:01:55
Surely there's a statistic, but I wouldn't know it personally. Ask Carl Miller, he still plays pokemon tcg i think.

Posted by: Ketsuban
Date: 2014-11-03 17:13:44
It varies between sets. Each pack contains between 9 and 11 cards: generally one rare or rarer, three uncommons, and five to seven commons. And I can't find anything about the occurrence rate of rarities beyond uncommon, unlike with Magic where it's known by all that mythic rares occur in every eighth pack and foils replace a common in every sixth or seventh (and furthermore, that every card in a Magic set is available in foil).

Posted by: SCared_Fir3
Date: 2014-11-26 20:58:04

Is there, like, a ratio for the chances of getting different kinds of cards as rare cards/reverse holos? If yes, can I know what are the chances of getting an ex/secret rare etc. in a booster pack?

There is one rare and one reverse holo in every pack, and you can probably google the EX/FA ratios for each set if you're curious. You can get two rares in a pack however if you pull a reverse holo rare.

I would recommend buying either single cards or booster boxes if you're looking for certain cards or trying to collect a set. Booster packs never have a guaranteed ratio/guaranteed card you want. Just some tips. If you have any more questions let me know, I used to/still kinda collect PTCG.