Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Discussion

Fake card or error? - Page 1

Fake card or error?

Posted by: PhantoMewtwo
Date: 2014-11-03 08:17:48
Guys, I have a Seismitoad-EX from Furious Fists. I was quite happy with that until I found that the top and bottom borders of the cards are kinda… out. The top border is slightly thicker than that of a normal card border, and the bottom border is slightly thinner. It's the same for the back of the card. When I examined my friend's Seismitoad-EX, the borders were normal just like any card.
  I think this is probably an error cause maybe the card was printed a little out of the proper dimensions. Does anyone have a card (especially Seismitoad-EX) that has the same problem? I'm kinda worried that it's fake, even though there are no signs of being fake. Someone please help me!

Re: Fake card or error?

Posted by: tachi
Date: 2014-11-03 10:12:50
send a pic.

Date: 2014-11-04 03:00:47

send a pic.

Umm… I'm kinda a noob, so how?

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2014-11-04 06:49:58
Use [img ](link)[/img ] (without the spaces after 'g'). To get the link, you must use a picture uploading service (my personal favourite is Minus) to put your picture there after scanning/taking a photo of the card.

Date: 2014-11-04 10:56:24

Use [img ](link)[/img ] (without the spaces after 'g'). To get the link, you must use a picture uploading service (my personal favourite is Minus) to put your picture there after scanning/taking a photo of the card.

I use tinypic because it's the fastest, they even have an option to copy to forums which already has the [img ](link)[/img ] for you.

Posted by: Zowayix
Date: 2014-11-04 15:36:18

I use tinypic because it's the fastest, they even have an option to copy to forums which already has the [img ](link)[/img ] for you.

I'd advise against using TinyPic these days, I've seen pictures that have been uploaded to TinyPic in old threads here and they were replaced with pictures of penises and stuff like that. So I don't know what the hell happened there but they sure aren't reliable. All the cool kids use Imgur anyway.

Date: 2014-11-04 18:36:54

I'd advise against using TinyPic these days, I've seen pictures that have been uploaded to TinyPic in old threads here and they were replaced with pictures of penises and stuff like that. So I don't know what the hell happened there but they sure aren't reliable. All the cool kids use Imgur anyway.

add me to steam, damn you.

Don't let this foul mouthed monstrosity confuse you my young child, Imgur was made by nazis, you don't like Hitler, do you?

Posted by: Ketsuban
Date: 2014-11-04 19:45:39
Use Imgur.

Posted by: Zowayix
Date: 2014-11-05 04:45:06

add me to steam, damn you.

Don't let this foul mouthed monstrosity confuse you my young child, Imgur was made by nazis, you don't like Hitler, do you?

I didn't know you were adding me on Steam bruh all I saw lately was Pidgin saying a bunch of random numbers added me to their contacts and when I went to the Steam website nothing of the sort showed up.

But yeah, just use Imgur. Do you really want to trust the opinion of someone who uses Tinypic? You know they're wrong already.

Date: 2014-11-05 05:30:22
[img]http://i59.tinypic.com/2nk80uv.jpg[/img]
Here it is.

Date: 2014-11-05 05:34:21
[img]http://i62.tinypic.com/30xh7ja.jpg[/img]
It's easier to see on the back. Right: Seismitoad Left: Heracross

Date: 2014-11-05 05:38:03
HA! I WIN! he used tinypic.
http://i59.tinypic.com/2nk80uv.jpg

By the way phantomewtwo, that's legit.You just got a card with a weird cut. Happens every so often, you might as well keep it, when cards have errors, sometimes they go for more in terms of selling value.

Posted by: Ketsuban
Date: 2014-11-05 07:36:05
That's nothing. In the early days of Magic: The Gathering, Cartamundi would sometimes fuck up so hard that a card would have half of one face and half of another.

Date: 2014-11-05 08:07:24

HA! I WIN! he used tinypic.
http://i59.tinypic.com/2nk80uv.jpg

By the way phantomewtwo, that's legit.You just got a card with a weird cut. Happens every so often, you might as well keep it, when cards have errors, sometimes they go for more in terms of selling value.

You're welcome. I didn't find any pictures of penises etc.