Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Discussion

Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon! - Page 1

Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon!

Posted by: Bert
Date: 2015-06-01 16:15:31
Weee!

Mini-Nintendo Direct trailer.

Known info so far:
1. 720 Pokémon (poor, poor Volcanion) are in the game, instead of 140something like in Gates to Infinity,

2. Still no personality quiz, but there are 20 starters to choose from, including Pikachu and Riolu,

3. Hunger appears to be back,

4. Is due to be released in Japan in September 2015, and in winter 2015 for America and Canada, and early 2016 for everywhere else.

So I'm kinda hyped for this, and I really hope you can level up your moves like in Gates to Infinity. Hopefully the plot will lay of the melodrama this time.

Re: Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon!

Posted by: Stackout
Date: 2015-06-02 10:16:34
>no simultaneous worldwide release :(

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2015-06-02 20:47:47
I might try this one. I skipped Gates to Infinity so it's been a while since I've got into Mystery Dungeon.

Posted by: Zowayix
Date: 2015-06-03 03:47:53
I might try this one also… maybe. I'll first need to be convinced that it doesn't suck huge amounts of balls like PMD2 did.

Posted by: Stackout
Date: 2015-06-03 05:07:28

I might try this one. I skipped Gates to Infinity so it's been a while since I've got into Mystery Dungeon.

Am I the only person here who actually liked Gates to Infinity?

…Well, I enjoyed the storyline at least.

Posted by: Bert
Date: 2015-06-12 16:13:30
Megas confirmed, as expected. Hoopa Unbound is also in the game.

Posted by: Krazyguy75
Date: 2015-07-07 23:11:57
Eh, I love PMD1.

PMD2 was mediocre (though you could do a surprisingly large amount of hacking, and it basically had things similar to hybrids or decamarks, glitch moves, and hidden and/or glitch dungeons. It's actually really awesome to fool around it.

PMD:GTI was worse in terms of story than 1. Its story was OK. I did not like the change to 3D, it took away the unique art style. In other ways than that, I dislike it for all the things they changed that made PMD what it was.

I have no hope for the new one, as the thing that made PMD1 great was that it had a good story, good music, good characters, and a unique sense of gameplay. All the sequels have really only aimed for improving the last one, but you can't get a unique sense of gameplay from a formula.

PS: If anyone is interested in fooling around in PMD2 to figure out all the glitches, I'd love to assemble a team.

Posted by: SCared_Fir3
Date: 2015-08-01 20:23:39
I'm actually pretty hype for this, as long as it doesn't suck as much as GTI did. It looks like they're making it more similar to the originals.