Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Discussion

Speedrunning - Page 1

Speedrunning

Posted by: SCared_Fir3
Date: 2015-08-01 20:20:51
Any of you guys here interested in speedrunning Pokemon? After seeing the Pokemon Blue runs on SGDQ I really want to try it, considering some of the crazy glitches people use. Reminds me of the good ol days on GCLF haha.

Re: Speedrunning

Posted by: Vuroja5
Date: 2015-08-02 18:42:51
Shenanagans' Catch 'Em All run was really fun to watch. These days it's really the speedrunning community that is at the forefront of Pokemon glitch hunting, building on the foundations laid here at Glitch City over the years. For instance the insane glitch using the items like 8 8, 9F and 4848 that he uses to catch a bunch of Pokemon (LG-Fly I think they call it) has pretty much only been documented by speedrunners as far as I've seen. Shenanagans didn't explain it during the run (too complicated I guess), and I have little understanding how it works.

It was nice to see Chickasaurus get Glitch City affiliated with pokemonspeedruns.com - a nod to all the research done by members here that is now being applied in speedruns. ZZAZZ's discoveries about Super Glitch/Cooltrainer come to mind especially.

Re: Speedrunning

Posted by: SCared_Fir3
Date: 2015-08-03 12:45:16

Shenanagans' Catch 'Em All run was really fun to watch. These days it's really the speedrunning community that is at the forefront of Pokemon glitch hunting, building on the foundations laid here at Glitch City over the years. For instance the insane glitch using the items like 8 8, 9F and 4848 that he uses to catch a bunch of Pokemon (LG-Fly I think they call it) has pretty much only been documented by speedrunners as far as I've seen. Shenanagans didn't explain it during the run (too complicated I guess), and I have little understanding how it works.

It was nice to see Chickasaurus get Glitch City affiliated with pokemonspeedruns.com - a nod to all the research done by members here that is now being applied in speedruns. ZZAZZ's discoveries about Super Glitch/Cooltrainer come to mind especially.

Yeah I agree, it was super fun. When I started researching glitched speedruns, I saw a bunch of references to GCLF and I was like whoaaa this is awesome! Didn't know we were affiliated with them either.

I tried out a Blue Any% No Save Corruption run last night, after learning it for the first time the other day, and it actually went decent.