Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Discussion

Battle Spot Save Corruption - Page 1

Battle Spot Save Corruption

Posted by: SCared_Fir3
Date: 2015-08-14 19:50:34
Have you guys heard about this?
http://pokemonforever.com/Thread-IMPORTANT-A-Warning-to-ALL-Battle-Spot-Players

The most important thing that I want to outline here is that there is a hacking method being utilized that is able to completely erase your save file.

This has not been confirmed yet to my knowledge, but it seems that players are using Cybergadgets and similar editing software to pull this off. From what I understand, this type of device will only work on Japanese 3DSes, and all reports that I've seen feature a Japanese hacker.

Thoughts?

Re: Battle Spot Save Corruption

Posted by: Tsukuu
Date: 2015-08-14 20:26:43
I saw the thing on saves being deleted a couple weeks ago, someone linked this and this, but I can't read Japanese. And I saw two people who couldn't participate the current competition so apparently the bans announced on PGL are already taking place, but them seem more focused on the pokémon legality than on edited save data. I managed to enter it and I have Wally icon and 721 pokémon registered. Someone else who had pokécenter and "?"s on battle victories/etc on PSS also made through.

I'm really curious to know how this works.

Re: Battle Spot Save Corruption

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2015-08-21 13:56:19
This is interesting. I am curious as to how it works too. It is pretty scary that you could enter Battle Spot and probably have your save file erased, but Game Freak acknowledged it, so maybe they are trying to prevent it.

Is there a video of the save file getting corrupted?

That first Japanese article you posted seems to say that they are speculating if it's really a glitch that occurs if you have a 9999 winning streak in the Battle Maison.