Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Discussion

Debug menus in Japanese Crystal - Page 3

Re: Debug menus in Japanese Crystal

Posted by: Jsierra008
Date: 2017-10-28 20:19:42

Any chance of making Game Genie codes to get this working? (Game Genie on GB/C are for ROM patches, right?)

Yes, but it only accepts three codes at a time, and GBC-only cartridges like Pokémon Crystal wont even fit in the cartridge slot :P

Patch function calls for GS Ball option:
9D2-088-801
AD2-108-4C1

This Game Genie code don works for this rom

https://edgeemu.net/details-36729.htm

what rom you have used for a working GS Ball code ?

Thanks a lot

Posted by: SatoMew
Date: 2017-10-28 20:26:36

Thanks a lot

Hey, Jsierra008. You need to patch a legit ROM with the patch attached here to make the Game Genie codes usable. Alternatively, for the GS Ball, you just have to trigger the event without patching anything (link).

Hope this helps! :)

Date: 2017-10-28 20:40:21

Thanks a lot

Hey, Jsierra008. You need to patch a legit ROM with the patch attached here to make the Game Genie codes usable. Alternatively, for the GS Ball, you just have to trigger the event without patching anything (link).

Hope this helps! :)

Thanks for answer but i wana patch the GS Ball event only, the manually have any chance with manually edit ?

Or Game Genie without add debug menu ?

Date: 2017-10-28 20:47:23

Thanks for answer but i wana patch the GS Ball event only, the manually have any chance with manually edit ?

Or Game Genie without add debug menu ?

If you want to receive the GS Ball in the PCC, either change address [tt]0xA000[/tt] accordingly as per my post or use GameShark code [tt]010B00A0[/tt].

Date: 2017-10-28 20:59:58

If you want to receive the GS Ball in the PCC, either change address [tt]0xA000[/tt] accordingly as per my post or use GameShark code [tt]010B00A0[/tt].

yes but i want to make a ips patch for a later work with the GS Ball event enabled, something like the western patch

Date: 2017-10-29 11:25:40

yes but i want to make a ips patch for a later work with the GS Ball event enabled, something like the western patch

Oh, my apologies, I misunderstood your question. From what I understand, the Game Genie codes Háčky provided in that post are for patching that specific debug menu's entries so that they point to the addresses of the final release ROM instead.

According to this,

[tt]9D2-088-801[/tt]:

size: 8 Bit
address: 0x7208
compare: 0xDA
value: 0x9D

[tt]AD2-108-4C1[/tt]:

address: 0x7210
compare: 0xEA
value: 0xAD

You probably need to analyze the code of the triggers in the PCC and the Trade Corner attendant's script in order to achieve your goal. The Japanese version's event code shouldn't be too different from the English version's.

Date: 2017-10-29 12:53:22

Oh, my apologies, I misunderstood your question. From what I understand, the Game Genie codes Háčky provided in that post are for patching that specific debug menu's entries so that they point to the addresses of the final release ROM instead.

According to this,

[tt]9D2-088-801[/tt]:

address: 0x7208
compare: 0xDA
value: 0x9D

[tt]AD2-108-4C1[/tt]:

address: 0x7210
compare: 0xEA
value: 0xAD

You probably need to analyze the code of the triggers in the PCC and the Trade Corner attendant's script in order to achieve your goal. The Japanese version's event code shouldn't be too different from the English version's.

Thanks, but the Háčky's GG Codes don't work with my untouched or patched rom, maybe its for other source rom

Or need a button to enable it ?, enabling it on bgb don't marks "P"(Patched) code or autocall the event, same in vba 1.8