Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Discussion

Genwunners - Page 1

Genwunners

Posted by: ravioli
Date: 2016-08-09 22:45:45
Are you one? I most certainly am. The first 2 Gens hold a VERY special place in my heart. Any of you play the newer Pokemon games? Or do you just continually re-live nostalgia and play R/B/Y/G and G/S/C romhacks?

Re: Genwunners

Posted by: Spoink
Date: 2016-08-09 23:12:00
platinum is amazing

Posted by: Dandaman955
Date: 2016-08-10 10:57:08
If I'm completely honest, generation 1 is probably my least favourite generation. I didn't grow up with them, so I don't have the nostalgia everyone else has with them. They're examples of games that haven't particularly aged well at all, exacerbated by all the bugs and weird design choices made throughout the game. That's not to say I don't like the Kanto region itself, however: Pokemon Gold and Fire Red were my first Pokemon games, with Pokemon Gold improving on everything the original did wrong (incidentally my favourite generation) and with Pokemon Fire Red being a remake of Pokemon Red, everything else in that game seems like a step down.

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2016-08-10 12:16:49
I have a special place in my heart for gens 1 and 2 but I wouldn't call myself a genwunner. To me that label implies someone who outright rejects the other gens, "there are only 151/251 pokemon" etc. I have a soft spot for 1 and 2 (and even 3 to some extent) but I like all gens.

Posted by: Yeniaul
Date: 2016-08-10 14:51:44
First PKMN game was Yellow. But my favorite (other than Gen1/2) is HGSS. I've broken it so many ways by just walking around it's not funny.