Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Discussion

Gengar's Crystal sprite - Page 1

Gengar's Crystal sprite

Posted by: Bert
Date: 2016-08-10 16:20:22
I was on /vp/ in a thread about a Pokémon's best in-game sprite, and someone pointed out how in one of the .gifs, which was Gengar's Crystal sprite, his legs disappeared. I've never seen this happen ingame; the animation ends when he shakes his legs.

There was a short-lived GameFAQs thread about this too, which went nowhere.

Any idea why his legs don't vanish like in the .gif?

Re: Gengar's Crystal sprite

Posted by: Yeniaul
Date: 2016-08-10 16:45:35
They probably DO but are broken by palette or drawing issues.
The animation may have even been cut short by the rest of the battle's animations (enemy animations have a time limit so that you don't have to press the A button when the "Wild <> appeared!" screen shows before your character throws out the ball, as seen in all games after G/S and Crystal.)

C'mon, Bert. Think it through.

Posted by: Bent`
Date: 2016-08-10 20:47:45
The longer animations are shown on the stats screen.

Posted by: Bert
Date: 2016-08-10 21:37:40

Huh. Seems odd they would program it like that, considering how long Jinx's is. Thanks!

Time to put a new battery in my Crystal Version (RIP 2001-2016 ;-;7) and see what other Pokémon do this.

Posted by: Yeniaul
Date: 2016-08-10 22:05:48

I was right.