Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Discussion

ACE problem - Page 1

ACE problem

Posted by: Yeniaul
Date: 2016-08-19 20:38:51
I've got a problem. I've gone back to ACE on Yellow and "ws m" doesn't wanna cooperate. I used the old setup (6 PKMN, i forget who found it) and written my code. I throw up a debugger for s'n'gs and I use "ws m". The same frame, I pause execution and watch the CPU execute code instruction-by-instruction… or so I planned. What happened was ws m, on the very next instruction, jumped to $FFFF. That's… not right. I'm using ZZAZZ's DebugYellow hack. Anyone…?

Re: ACE problem

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2016-08-21 05:10:50

I've got a problem. I've gone back to ACE on Yellow and "ws m" doesn't wanna cooperate. I used the old setup (6 PKMN, i forget who found it) and written my code. I throw up a debugger for s'n'gs and I use "ws m". The same frame, I pause execution and watch the CPU execute code instruction-by-instruction… or so I planned. What happened was ws m, on the very next instruction, jumped to $FFFF. That's… not right. I'm using ZZAZZ's DebugYellow hack. Anyone…?

Are you using a stored Pokémon setup (such as this one) rather than a party Pokémon setup, as ws m initially reads from DA7F (stored party Pokémon count).

Posted by: Yeniaul
Date: 2016-08-21 09:09:44
wow… i forgot ws m reads from stored pokemon and not party pokemon. Derp. Thanks!

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2016-08-21 11:07:34
You're welcome!