Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Discussion

R/B/Y VC, and butthurt morons on miiverse - Page 1

R/B/Y VC, and butthurt morons on miiverse

Posted by: Stackout
Date: 2016-10-25 19:42:18
So I hopped onto miiverse for the first time in a while and looked through the Gen1VC community.

I noticed at least one person spreading rumours that "you'll never be able to send your fake Mew to Sun/Moon" on posts showing a wild Mew encounter or capture using Trainer-Fly.

Of course this is pure speculation at this point, we won't know for sure what Gen1VC transfer stuff will be accepted until Gen7's release.

I can only assume the people spreading these rumours never managed to do Trainer-Fly successfully, and are taking out their anger on others.

Discuss.

Re: R/B/Y VC, and butthurt morons on miiverse

Posted by: Kraust
Date: 2016-10-25 19:51:08
Wouldn't it be possible to generate a "legit" (for the lack of a better term) one via 8F? The only problem I can see with this if it the Anti-hack check does something obscene like checks RAM for invalid inventory values, for example (Although that is fixable as well).

Posted by: Stackout
Date: 2016-10-25 21:31:49

Wouldn't it be possible to generate a "legit" (for the lack of a better term) one via 8F? The only problem I can see with this if it the Anti-hack check does something obscene like checks RAM for invalid inventory values, for example (Although that is fixable as well).

It depends. The transfer checks may disallow any Mew coming from a non-Japan game. It may also disallow any Mew that doesn't have specific OT name/ID (the Japanese event one is known, and this can be set via code exec so…)

We don't know, let's not bother speculating and wait for S&M. Then we'll be able to get the facts.

Posted by: Charmy
Date: 2016-10-26 00:34:05

The only problem I can see with this if it the Anti-hack check does something obscene like checks RAM for invalid inventory values, for example (Although that is fixable as well).

I always have GARY and 9F with me, as well as over 100 Master Balls, like 170 Old Ambers, etc. So that's not possible.