Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Discussion

Competitive Tournament Format - Page 1

Competitive Tournament Format

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2016-11-15 14:43:59
Has anyone here ever entered a competitive Pokemon tournament before who can detail me on the ruleset? I'm setting up a Pokemon tournament on my college campus and am generally unfamiliar with the ruleset.

Our tournament will probably be an OU format - do we run sets? Best of 3, Best of 5? How long should we expect it to run for?

Re: Competitive Tournament Format

Posted by: camper
Date: 2016-11-16 02:26:36
If it's your first time, just use an existing popular metagame like OU or Ubers. You can also run a draft if you have lots of time to spare.

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2016-11-16 19:05:13
A draft? We probably won't run it since we're running a Smash tournament beforehand but I'm curious to hear what it is.

Posted by: camper
Date: 2016-11-16 21:52:58
Take turn picking one Pokemon at a time. You can't use any Pokemon that other people picked. Works best with lots of participants.