Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Discussion

Sun and Moon - Magearna Event - Page 1

Sun and Moon - Magearna Event

Posted by: Charmy
Date: 2016-12-06 00:16:12
The Magearna event is live now! Scan the QR code via the QR Scanner in game.
Code is here:
http://www.pokemon-sunmoon.com/en-us/magearna/

Re: Sun and Moon - Magearna Event

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2016-12-06 01:03:47
Truthfully, I'm disappointed in this event, mainly because it didn't seem like an "event" at all to me. Rather than, like in Gen III and Gen IV (and Gen V to an extent), receiving some sort of item which would activate a hidden in-game quest for the Pokemon in question, we simply just receive the Pokemon from a deliveryman and get a small bit of backstory.

Pretty disappointing if you ask me. Magearna is cool but I just don't feel the sense of excitement from getting it that I used to feel from events past.

Posted by: Bert
Date: 2016-12-06 16:28:45
Speaking of QR codes:

Can I actually use the Pokémon I've scanned in some way or do they just go into the PokéDex or what. I've scanned an Empoleon, Ampharos and Swinub so far, which don't live in Alolololololola so I don't know.

Date: 2016-12-07 00:17:22
It depends. If it's the code from the PokéDex, it only lands there.
PS:To redeem Magearna, beat the game.

Level: 50
Ability: Soul-Heart
Type: Steel/Fairy
Moves: Fleur Cannon
Flash Cannon
Lucky Chant
Helping Hand
Held Item: Bottle Cap
Ball: Cherish Ball
Ribbon: Wishing Ribbon

Date: 2016-12-07 16:34:49
If you actually want to use the Magearna you've scanned in game (or, if you're like me, have it sit in your box for all eternity), you have to beat the game first, then go to the Hau'oli Mall on Melemele Island and pick it up. It's not in a Pokemon Center like usual.

Posted by: Yeniaul
Date: 2016-12-07 18:49:36
Wait, we've already broken S&M? Wow, GF has gotten worse…

Date: 2016-12-07 21:12:40

We have?

Posted by: Xiphiidae
Date: 2016-12-07 22:44:49

Truthfully, I'm disappointed in this event, mainly because it didn't seem like an "event" at all to me. Rather than, like in Gen III and Gen IV (and Gen V to an extent), receiving some sort of item which would activate a hidden in-game quest for the Pokemon in question, we simply just receive the Pokemon from a deliveryman and get a small bit of backstory.

Pretty disappointing if you ask me. Magearna is cool but I just don't feel the sense of excitement from getting it that I used to feel from events past.

I agree completely. In my view, with the exception of Victini, events have been dead since Gen IV (and even then they never released the Azure Flute).

Date: 2016-12-08 00:20:52

We have?

Kinda, the GTS doesn't even care about it's quality.

and even then they never released the Azure Flute

Yet the recent Arceus event says that it could be obtained that way.