Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Discussion

Looking for copies of Pokémon Geum and Eun (Korean) - Page 1

Looking for copies of Pokémon Geum and Eun (Korean)

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2017-03-01 14:09:32
I have a policy of owning every game I emulate. Does anybody know any Korean redirection services for buying Pokémon Geum and Eun on a Korean shopping/auction site?

I'm willing to invest some money to buy one even if the price is a little expensive.

Thanks in advance!

Re: Looking for copies of Pokémon Geum and Eun (Korean)

Posted by: Charmy
Date: 2017-03-01 15:47:15

I have a policy of owning every game I emulate. Does anybody know any Korean redirection services for buying Pokémon Geum and Eun on a Korean shopping/auction site?

I'm willing to invest some money to buy one even if the price is a little expensive.

Thanks in advance!

I guess, Korean S\M, right?
Sadly, I don't know any.

Date: 2017-03-01 16:16:42

Thanks in advance!

Sadly, I don't know any.

OK, thanks anyway. Geum and Eun are the Korean versions of the original Game Boy Color Pokémon Gold and Silver.

Posted by: Charmy
Date: 2017-03-02 11:37:40

Thanks in advance!

Sadly, I don't know any.

OK, thanks anyway. Geum and Eun are the Korean versions of the original Game Boy Color Pokémon Gold and Silver.
Oh, that was the second generation I would think of when you're talking about Korean Pokémon games.

Posted by: SatoMew
Date: 2017-03-03 08:41:48

Oh, that was the second generation I would think of when you're talking about Korean Pokémon games.

If we ignore Gold and Silver, then there are currently four generations of Korean core Pokémon games as the first ones released under Nintendo's Korean division were Diamond and Pearl.

Posted by: SCared_Fir3
Date: 2017-03-21 15:04:16
If you search around Naver (the Korean Google basically) with the Korean names (포몬 & ) you might be able to find something.

Posted by: SnorlaxMonster
Date: 2017-07-18 05:04:23
Korean Gold and Silver were just announced for 3DS Virtual Console in Korean, so now you have that as an option too.

Date: 2017-07-19 06:55:49

If you search around Naver (the Korean Google basically) with the Korean names (포몬 & ) you might be able to find something.

Thanks. I had a look and couldn't find anything though, sadly.

Korean Gold and Silver were just announced for 3DS Virtual Console in Korean, so now you have that as an option too.

Ah thanks SnorlaxMonster! I may consider buying a Korean 3DS then if I have no luck.

Date: 2019-07-15 10:27:54
For anyone interested; :)

In what seems to be an ultra rare occurrence, found them available here, but settling for the Korean 2DS eShop versions.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ultra-Rare-Korean-Pokemon-Gold-and-Silver-GBC-GameBoy-Color-Carts/183856560787

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iPF6vq7.png[/img]

US $400.00
Approximately £318.45

(plus like $157.29 import charges)

They do hardly appear; but going to go with SnorlaxMonster and settle for the digital eShop versions which (together with Korean 2DS and credit) costs less (had to cancel the last Korean 2DS order which never came).