Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Discussion

Pokemon Direct - June 6th, 2017 - Page 1

Pokemon Direct - June 6th, 2017

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2017-06-06 01:00:36
Will update this thread as the direct progresses.

10:58 PM PST, 6/5: In case you didn't hear from earlier today, a Pokemon Direct was announced earlier today, detailing an upcoming 8-minute Pokemon-centric Nintendo Direct. This direct will be live-broadcasted on Nintendo's Twitch and YouTube channels at 7 AM PST/10 AM EST. Speculation includes everything from a Diamond/Pearl remake, to Sun/Moon sequels, to a Gold/Silver Virtual Console release, to a dual release of Pokemon "7th Gen, third edition" on Nintendo Switch, and 3DS. It's important to note, that, the last time we got a direct of around this length, Sun and Moon were announced. The timing of this direct is curious, as the direct comes the week before E3 – surely Nintendo wouldn't announce a game of this magnitude right before E3?

06:57 AM, 6/6: It's time.

07:00 AM, 6/6: Starting now.

07:01 AM, 6/6: Japanese Pokken port for the Switch? Wonder if this will come to the US too.

07:02 AM, 6/6: It will!

07:04, 6/6: OH s**t POKEMON ULTRA SUN AND ULTRA MOON. WAS THAT NECROZMA FORMS I SAW?????

07:05, 6/6: Pokken DX has some new characters, including some Pokemon from Gen 7. Looks pretty cool.

07:06, 6/6: Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon have Pokemon that didn't appear in the original versions, offers "alternate storyline". Sounds like a Platinum/Emerald type of deal. November release.

07:07, 6/6: Gold and Silver coming to the Virtual Console! Compatible with Pokemon Bank!

07:08, 6/6: It's over. I'm definitely hype for Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon – I just hope there are a few more changes than what they alluded to in the trailer. Hopefully we'll have more info to come at E3 and beyond!

More to come…

Re: Pokemon Direct - June 6th, 2017

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2017-06-06 09:12:32
Interesting! :) I may not get Pokkén Tournament DX but I'm curious about Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon.

I also love that Gold and Silver are coming for 3DS Virtual Console as would rather have them without the save battery problem and a completed Pokédex dying due to a dead battery. They didn't show Crystal for some reason though, hopefully that will be coming eventually.

Posted by: Caveat
Date: 2017-06-06 09:16:51
Hell yeah!

The Sinnoh rage is real and it is delicious. I love it.

Also, I've decided that the fused Pokemon are called "Nebcrozma" and they are my children.

Posted by: Spectramark
Date: 2017-06-06 10:13:17
I like the sound of Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon; new forms of the two main legendaries, takes place in an alternate storyline within the same region…
It sounds quite a bit like Black & White 2.

Posted by: TheSixthItem
Date: 2017-06-06 14:54:27
Also, on the press site, they said that it would be coming out for the switch with a "TBA" date

Date: 2017-06-06 14:57:56

Also, on the press site, they said that it would be coming out for the switch with a "TBA" date

I saw that too, though that was pretty quickly taken down so it could just be a mistake. I don't think they'll release a main-series game on a new console just yet; they'll probably wait until the next generation comes around to do so. EDIT: It was a mistake.

I'm hoping USM is just more than an alternate storyline. I'd love to see a larger post-game (after the Ultra Beast sidequest there wasn't a ton to do), and possibly see some incorporation with Kanto. There were some pretty heavy allusions to Kanto in the first games, so I'm hoping we actually get to visit the region this game.

Posted by: TheZZAZZGlitch
Date: 2017-06-07 02:57:32

07:07, 6/6: Gold and Silver coming to the Virtual Console! Compatible with Pokemon Bank!

Can't wait for the Coin Case glitches flooding Pokemon Bank with completely legit Celebis!

Date: 2017-06-07 11:23:01
Did Pokebank allow Mew Glitch Mews to pass through to the Gen 7 games? If Mews couldn't pass through, I wouldn't imagine Coin Case Celebis could either. Though, getting a Celebi through the Coin Case is much less common knowledge than the Mew Glitch was.

Posted by: TheSixthItem
Date: 2017-06-07 14:21:40

Did Pokebank allow Mew Glitch Mews to pass through to the Gen 7 games? If Mews couldn't pass through, I wouldn't imagine Coin Case Celebis could either. Though, getting a Celebi through the Coin Case is much less common knowledge than the Mew Glitch was.

Normal Trainer-Fly mews don't get through but if you change it to OT/GF and TID/22796 using 8F or ws# #m# then it goes through. Probably the same for celebi

Posted by: SatoMew
Date: 2017-06-08 12:44:03

I also love that Gold and Silver are coming for 3DS Virtual Console as would rather have them without the save battery problem and a completed Pokédex dying due to a dead battery. They didn't show Crystal for some reason though, hopefully that will be coming eventually.

There are some plausible reasons  ;)  It's neat how they are supporting the Time Capsule as well.

Posted by: Caveat
Date: 2017-06-08 13:22:14
What if they're releasing Crystal later because they need time to somehow "bring back" the Mobile GB feature? (It could remain roughly the same, just with no use for a phone.)

If that were the case, I dunno if I could choose between Silver or Crystal… Crystal is generally better, but Silver has that sweet, sweet Coin Case ACE.

Date: 2017-06-13 14:22:14
Unrelated to the Direct, but a main-series Pokemon game for the Switch was just announced this morning. Will come out sometime next year (I think).

This is probably Gen 8, but this is definitely hype.

Posted by: Spectramark
Date: 2017-06-14 12:13:29

Unrelated to the Direct, but a main-series Pokemon game for the Switch was just announced this morning. Will come out sometime next year (I think).

This is probably Gen 8, but this is definitely hype.

Since it was stated to be a main-series game, my thoughts are that it'll either be Gen VIII, or Diamond/Pearl remakes. Probably the latter, since it would be too soon after UltraSun/UltraMoon in my opinion.
Either way, this is certainly something to get hyped for. Hopefully we'll get more information about this new game soon.

Posted by: Mefista
Date: 2017-06-14 20:35:38
Dang,I just had an incredibly realistic dream that I was reading this thread and Torchickens posted insider info about there being a Pokemon/Dragon Quest crossover in the works.Ugh.Why can't that be true?

Date: 2017-06-15 02:43:37

Since it was stated to be a main-series game, my thoughts are that it'll either be Gen VIII, or Diamond/Pearl remakes. Probably the latter, since it would be too soon after UltraSun/UltraMoon in my opinion.

Personally, I'd doubt it. Just because soon after UltraSun/UltraMoon doesn't mean that that'll stop Game Freak from releasing an entirely new generation. Just look at Black 2/White 2 and X/Y. Black 2/White 2 were released when the 3DS already came out, and, not long after their release, X and Y were announced.