Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Discussion

"Unidentified poster showing early names for Generation I Pokémon" - Page 1

"Unidentified poster showing early names for Generation I Pokémon"

Posted by: Mefista
Date: 2017-08-29 15:12:33
This one, from Bulbapedia.
I have a few questions pertaining to it, hope someone can answer.

1) Who did this photo? Did they provide any background info?

2) Why are some artworks on it slightly diffirent from any Gen1 arts I've ever seen? I was trying to make a version without yellow text (to print out and hang on my wall*), and turns out that pictures availible separately (like Omanyte) aren't an exact match.

3) What kind of font it uses? It looks similar to "Andy Bold" ("Gotta catch'em all" font), but doesn't match, few details are diffirent and it's more vertically stretched.

* I just kept changing things in it (swapped Butterfree and Venomoth, replaced Mewtwo with Mew and few artworks with fanmade ones…you can see latest result here), so it occured to me that, as it's no longer authentic, I'd rather make my own version, close in style but diffirent.Hence me asking about font and art.

Re: "Unidentified poster showing early names for Generation I Pokémon"

Posted by: Parzival
Date: 2017-08-30 06:51:47
I think I've seen one of those before… The douchebag who lived across from me in my last neighborhood had a lot of obscure gaming shit. In fact, those even look like the walls in his house… :thonkang:
Anyway, it's a nice find at any rate.

Re: "Unidentified poster showing early names for Generation I Pokémon"

Posted by: Mefista
Date: 2017-11-13 16:19:43
I doubt anyone cares, but I made a test print (at the printing service, it cost like 4$) of my mangled version (as doing original one in the same style is far into my to-do pile):
https://pp.userapi.com/c834302/v834302971/245db/A0L68T6utrY.jpg

Also,a bonus (no, not the art from Beckett's magazine, these I had on my walls for a while):
https://pp.userapi.com/c834302/v834302971/245b3/6Bn3ZxzcwyI.jpg