Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Discussion

Pokemon that should be real! - Page 1

Pokemon that should be real!

Posted by: Pokedude
Date: 2017-11-29 23:38:46
In this topic I am asking people to post Fakemon they believe should be "realmon"! Then You can also rate the Fakemon! So please share your awesome ideas! Also any beta pokemon too!
Note: Please keep your Fakemon Appropriate!!! Thank you! :XD:

Re: Pokemon that should be real!

Date: 2017-11-29 23:41:51
Oh also please make sure you post a photo of your idea and "Fakedex" info on them such as: Name , Species , Height , Evolution info , Dex Entry, etc.
Thank you!

Date: 2017-11-30 07:04:48
I might post some of my old ones some time soon.
And if you see another persons canary on the web and believe it could work then you can post it here as long as its clear that the art isn't yours.
But if you want you could make up a pokedex entry for it if it doesn't already have one. This isn't serious any because it's not like The Pokemon Company is gonna look at this stuff and say they'll use it. :-P

Date: 2017-11-30 13:14:55
How about this beta pokemon?
Name: Honoguma
Species: Spark Cub Pokemon
Height: ???
Weight: ???
Dex Entry: At a young age Honoguma spend their time in their den close to their mother. They often accidentally start forest fires.
Note: Honoguma is not my creation..It was originally made by Game Freak for Gold and Silver but was later taken out of the final release.

Date: 2017-12-05 10:06:57
I can't be the only one to post here so please post some good ideas anyone!
B-)

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2017-12-06 07:02:15
Kage no Mushi is believed to be an elaborate hoax for a scrapped Pokémon.

I fell for it after seeing it on a DeviantArt page claiming it was from a Japanese web archive.

Let's post an entry as if it was real though:

[img]https://i.imgur.com/apAzPU3.jpg[/img]

Leavell (Japanese: の)
Species: Leaf Beetle Pokémon
Height: 2'0
Weight: 13.6 lb
Dex Entry: Leavell are found in the countryside and in forests, especially close to lakes where they like to sip water and wet their leaf. This leaf serves as an energy source. It can also be used for this Pokémon to undergo photosynthesis, like a plant. Leavell are timid in nature.

Date: 2018-01-02 13:44:06
I know some might be hoax's but I am simply trying to credit whoever drew it because its not my original idea. Thank you for the Fakemon post though Princess Torchic. It is completely just for the fun of it because probably none of these will ever become real because then Game Freak would have to compensate a lot of people and track down the original artists. I watch some youtubers who speculate Pokemon Ideas but they're just having fun! So I thank anyone who can post ideas cause its easier for everyone to just go here and see cool ones then to have to scour the web for the one that inspires thumb Thank you everyone.

Date: 2018-01-02 16:45:57
You're welcome. I'm glad you liked my post. :)

Yes. I meant the one I posted was a fake and didn't mean to object to yours or anything. Sorry for the confusion.

Here is Marin, a cute fan-designed Pokémon from Magical Pokémon Journey:

[img]http://78.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_luaayajT9O1r64jmlo1_250.gif[/img]

Marin (Japanese: )
Species: Aquatic Pokémon
Height: 3'08
Weight: 22 lbs
Dex Entry: Friends with Pikachu, these Pokémon like to play in the ocean and at aquariums, but are unfortunately endangered due to poachers. This means they are extremely rare in the wild. Most Marin are female.

Date: 2018-01-03 14:41:05
Sorry everyone that I have not been contributing a lot but I've been a bit to busy to search the web for good ones or post my own. So yah. But if you want to easily find some I would suggest Youtubers like Dobbs and Trickywi for easily found Fakemon.

Date: 2018-01-10 10:25:36
Also if anyone doesn't have any art of a Philemon you can also post a pic of an animal or Myth that you think should be a Pokemon.

This is a Panda Any.
I currently do not have art of it but I'm working on it so be very patient please.

Date: 2018-03-13 11:38:24
Can somebody move this to Creative Moments, Art? I figured there would be more people interested in this there.

Posted by: Bert
Date: 2018-03-13 16:55:37
Back in the year 2000, a young man named Christian Weston Chandler was given an assignment in high school: create your own CD cover. However, as he was not allowed to use copyrighted characters on it, he took a different route and mashed two of them together. The end result was Sonichu, the electric hedgehog Pokémon.

[img]https://sonichu.com/w/images/1/1d/SonichuOriginal.jpg[/img]

This character would go on to appear in a series of groundbreaking webcomics named after him, and on some TRUE and HONEST merchandise created by Chandler, such as amiibos and medallions. He tried to convince Nintendo and Sega to create a Sonichu video game with Chris serving as the director/writer/artist, but alas, this never happened.

Then, in 2017, a challenger appeared from the depths of Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon's PokéDex:

[img]https://img.pokemondb.net/artwork/tmp/zeraora.jpg[/img]

Its name is Zeraora (more like Derpaora, amirite?) and is known as the Thunderclap Pokémon, but 100% of the Internet agrees it's really just a shitty ripoff of Sonichu that fully represents how bankrupt GameFreak is in terms of new Pokémon ideas.

[size=7pt]Original shitpost do not steal.[/size]

Date: 2018-03-13 17:03:01
Oh my goodness this is gold! How dare they steal him. :(

Date: 2018-03-13 17:59:13
Are you Chris Bert or just telling his story?
That is kind of sad that Chris got zero credit for Zeraora even though for just Pokemon Zeraoara's feuding fits but Chris should have gotten credit for the altered design of Sonichu.

Posted by: Kyoukipichi
Date: 2018-03-15 22:39:23
SatoMew: "Also Victory Road sounding like Mt. Itoi"

I've joked with some friends about how Giegue from MOTHER/Earthbound Zero should be Mewthree.

Plus, the game is about psychic powers, and Mewtwo is psychic.