Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Discussion

New Pokemon Revealed - Page 1

New Pokemon Revealed

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2018-09-26 22:18:57
The first Gen 8 Pokemon was recently revealed through a YouTube video. According to the information, "Meltan", the Hex Nut Pokemon, is a Mythical Pokemon that originates from ancient times. This Pokemon was originally found through Pokemon Go, where wild Meltan started popping up in the field. When a Meltan was got, it would transform into a Ditto.

What do you think of this new Pokemon? I think the design is really bizarre and the name is… weird. The reveal is a lot different, too, than previous reveals of new Pokemon (usually through CoroCoro leaks or something similar).

I linked the reveal video below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvLDA70ZvbU

Re: New Pokemon Revealed

Posted by: ISSOtm
Date: 2018-09-27 10:54:42
I'm suspicious that they could be exclusive Pokémon put in the games just so the Living Dexers buy the games. Dunno. They don't seem very inspired either…. although that's been told a thousand times already, huh?

On an unrelated note, it's funny that this is brought up shortly after the Spaceworld leaks, where Ditto had an evolution. Makes me wonder if they didn't get some ideas from the scrapped mons?

Posted by: Sherkel
Date: 2018-09-27 10:58:07
I'll be pedantic again and say it's a Gen 7 Pokémon, unless it's uncatchable like Munchlax in Mystery Dungeon 1 or Bonsly in XD. They'll just make it untradable to SM/USUM.

As for the design, I don't have any particular strong feelings about it one way or the other. I could picture Sophocles sending it out in battle, so I guess that means it's a good design.

Posted by: Pokedude
Date: 2018-09-27 11:46:46
OMG I saw those on Saturday when we went to a mall for my sister Birthday with our grandparents and uncle who plays Pokemon Go (I don't cuz  there's no story to it and not worth walking outdoors) and he  looked into it and told me the file name was Kecleon the Color Swap Pokemon. I like the design but would like it to maybe evolve into something bigger and cooler like say… maybe a giant steampunkish iron golem thing or something.
Can someone draw that idea?

Date: 2018-10-03 22:21:00

I like the design but would like it to maybe evolve into something bigger and cooler like say… maybe a giant steampunkish iron golem thing or something.

It would be cool if it could evolve, yeah, but it's apparently a mythical Pokemon, so you can probably scrap that idea. :(

Posted by: Bert
Date: 2018-10-03 22:49:36
Meltan a cute.

[img height=300]https://www.futuregamereleases.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/meltan.jpg[/img]

Date: 2018-10-24 15:04:02

I like the design but would like it to maybe evolve into something bigger and cooler like say… maybe a giant steampunkish iron golem thing or something.

It would be cool if it could evolve, yeah, but it's apparently a mythical Pokemon, so you can probably scrap that idea. :(

I stand corrected!

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2018-10-24 16:54:50
I think Melmetal is pretty cool dude. Big strong and doesn't afraid of anything.

Posted by: ISSOtm
Date: 2018-10-25 03:16:15
Its model is pretty lazily made tho. I've also heard that its design is very half-assed.

Posted by: Mefista
Date: 2018-10-25 12:04:16
More like quarter-assed.

Posted by: Pokedude
Date: 2018-10-28 20:47:08
Is this a bad time to mention I'm in the pokemon planning team LOL.

Told you so! XD

Can someone draw that idea?

They drew it for me LOL.

Posted by: Bert
Date: 2018-10-28 22:52:59
Heard you were talking shit like I wouldn't find out.
[img height=350]https://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/thumb/4/4b/Melmetal.png/1200px-Melmetal.png[/img]

Date: 2018-10-29 15:35:37

Is this a bad time to mention I'm in the pokemon planning team LOL.

Pokemon Planning Team?

Posted by: Sherkel
Date: 2018-10-30 09:13:04
I believe he's referring to this! Strangely good prediction…

Date: 2018-10-30 15:19:12
Either it's a strangely good prediction, or he's a legitimate inside source that we can use to get information out of. >:)