Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Discussion

Gen 1 Cartridges - Page 1

Gen 1 Cartridges

Posted by: Pixelated_
Date: 2018-11-25 22:37:33
Wheres a good place to get working Red/Blue Cartridges?

Re: Gen 1 Cartridges

Posted by: ISSOtm
Date: 2018-11-26 03:54:21
You can get Chinese repro carts for cheap off of eBay.

Date: 2018-11-26 06:44:49
I have seen these, however I want a legit copy of the game.

Posted by: Sherkel
Date: 2018-11-26 11:11:57
Amazon? eBay? Are you living in a country most people refuse to ship to?

Date: 2018-11-26 14:03:55
I am in the US. The problem is, I've purchased ~8 carts over the last 2 years from Amazon and Ebay, and only 2 of them have been legit.

Date: 2018-11-26 19:34:14

I am in the US. The problem is, I've purchased ~8 carts over the last 2 years from Amazon and Ebay, and only 2 of them have been legit.
Ah…I am well aware of that problem, having experienced it myself when looking for extra Gen 3 cartridges. However, as two have been legit, there are indeed more legit copies out there. You could contact merchants directly before ordering and ask them to send a photo of their cart, and then reverse search it to reduce the risk of getting a fake. That's the best I can think of. Hope you find what you need in time.

On another note, if you have the necessary tools, would you mind dumping the ROMs of those fakes and then creating IPS patches from them? It's just for curiosity's sake, so no problem if you can't.

Date: 2018-11-26 20:08:02
Great Idea!

Also, Id love to dump the roms, but I dont really know how. If you could link a tutorial, that would be great.

Posted by: Parzival
Date: 2018-11-26 23:29:15
You could also get custom single-flash carts and just give them the ROM… (which I have, BTW…)

Date: 2018-11-26 23:40:07

Great Idea!

Also, Id love to dump the roms, but I dont really know how. If you could link a tutorial, that would be great.
Off the top of my head, I think an Everdrive 64 with the transfer pack you use in Stadium can be used to do it, but I don't know any more than you to be honest. I could maybe answer some questions if you find one and don't understand it. Just don't post them as anything but patches if you do it here.

And he said earlier he wanted a legitimate copy of the game, not a reproduction.

Posted by: ISSOtm
Date: 2018-11-27 09:29:09
You can dump the game by hand using an in-game memory editor, if you feel like torturing yourself… but you probably won't want to, lol.

If you have a Game Boy flashcart, it's possible to dump to ROM using cartswap.
If you also have another Game Boy and a link cable, you could use my "InjecSwap" project, even with only one flashcart… if the project was finished, anyways. But it's possible.

You could also use a custom N64 ROM with a Transfer Pak, but I'm not aware of any such ROMs. Might have to Google that.