Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Discussion

The science of Pokémon Evolution - Page 1

The science of Pokémon Evolution

Posted by: Pokedude
Date: 2019-06-05 16:48:21
So I'm starting this topic for the fun of finding theories about the Pokemon world, specifically evolution. It doesn't have to be WAY to science'y though.

Pokemon Evolution.
When a Pokemon evolves it goes through what is considered micro evolution or metamorphosis. Most all Pokemon can evolve. The thing is, Pokemon evolve over their own lifespan. However if a Pokemon is particularly active such as being in lots of battles, the adrenaline and stimuli make the Pokemon evolve faster. Usually it would take a lifetime for a lazy wild Pokemon to evolve, but some such as Caterpie evolve at an even pace even if they are not active. (This isn't Canon just theories based around some canonical evidence.)

Re: The science of Pokémon Evolution

Posted by: Pokedude
Date: 2019-06-05 22:49:28
I encourage anyone else to comment on either your opinion of a theory of maybe introduce your own theory. I'd love to hear your opinions on the subject.

Re: The science of Pokémon Evolution

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2020-01-08 04:40:35
Apparently in real life most evolutions take place in the egg. (As such, scientists think the solution to chicken or (chicken) egg is that an egg came first; which was very subtely not a chicken?). So if Pokémon can do this instantly after enough experience, possibly they have some hidden power (pun intended) in their genetics/DNA?

See also: real world metamorphosis, transgender fish