Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Discussion

Pokémon Gold/Silver/Crystal in South America - Page 1

Pokémon Gold/Silver/Crystal in South America

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2020-01-08 10:49:28
According to GameFAQs (which I have a feeling wasn't there before), a company called Gradiente released a South American version of Pokémon Gold in 2001. They also released Silver, Crystal according to an auction image I found.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/RwbHADV.png[/img]

Does anyone know anymore details about these? Thanks.

Edit: Apparently this was released in Brazil. Like the UK versions (which are as far as I'm aware the same as US) I wonder if it's the same as one of the previous ROMs, but makes me wonder if there is a chance it could be in Portuguese making it unique?

Re: Pokémon Gold/Silver/Crystal in South America

Posted by: SCared_Fir3
Date: 2020-01-11 08:07:48
wow, never knew these existed! would be curious to see what differences there are between other versions, if any. (whether big or small)

Date: 2020-01-11 14:08:09

wow, never knew these existed! would be curious to see what differences there are between other versions, if any. (whether big or small)

Me neither! Well after a little research, it seems these carts are in fact in English, but unsure if there are differences in game.

Posted by: Ryccardo
Date: 2020-01-25 07:11:41
https://produto.mercadolivre.com.br/MLB-1397617349-pokemon-gold-gbc-_JM

"Jogo desenvolvido em inglès" :)

No-Intro still has it undumped but, given historical precedent (like the complete lack of Portuguese outside manuals in multilingual DS games) I'm now over 90% sure it's just the regular English version

Interestingly, the back cover doesn't have the disclaimer "reading skills required to properly experience this game" :D

Posted by: Raven Freak
Date: 2020-01-25 13:04:19
What a shame for those who didn't speak English well, the box and manual were translated into Portuguese, but not the game itself! I'm surprised that a Portuguese version didn't exist, Spanish is similar to Portuguese, and there's already a Spanish version of the game.

Date: 2020-03-06 04:30:16
Got it. ^^ Here is the back. It says (inner label) "Gradiente Entertainment PGB190764A1K (C) 2000 Nintendo. It has a gold circular sticker that also says "Warranty Void if Removed". [img]https://i.imgur.com/eDoO1jA.png[/img]

Date: 2020-03-06 08:35:02
Now time to play it. ^^