Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Forum Discussion

Board Index Simplification - Page 1

Board Index Simplification

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2011-08-24 22:40:08
I've done some renovations to the Board Index in an attempt to make it much shorter and easier to used.  By doing so, I've made some boards into child boards. (Most notably the entirety of Lab β and γ.)

I would like thoughts, constructive criticism, and suggestions about the attempt to reduce the length of the index to create a better user experience.

Thank you.

Re: Board Index Simplification

Posted by: Ketsuban
Date: 2011-08-25 13:50:24
I can't see Lab Gamma anywhere; did you fold it into Lab Beta?

Also, perhaps it would look nicer if you put Lab Beta in the same category as Lab Alpha?

Date: 2011-08-25 14:05:19
Lab β and γ were pretty much the same thing so I merged them, and I can't put Lab β into Lab α due to the fact that Lab α is glitch related while Lab β is tech involved.

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2011-08-25 14:13:33
Looks nice, it's good to be able scroll down more easily. I never noticed the 'Tech Help' board before, was that recently added?

Date: 2011-08-25 14:33:38
Yeah, I added it so Computer discussion wouldn't be flooded with help topics like it has in the past.  I've also gave a Lab: *greek letter* to each category.  Lab β DOES still exist and so does Lab ε.  Lab ε doesn't serve a purpose at the moment so it may never be seen, but Lab β will show up when there are active GCL projects.

Posted by: Ketsuban
Date: 2011-08-25 15:02:05
I've never heard of Lab Epsilon 0_0
Also Lab Beta is in a category labelled Lab Delta

Date: 2011-08-25 15:07:10
Fixed.

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2011-08-25 15:35:39

I've never heard of Lab Epsilon 0_0
Also Lab Beta is in a category labelled Lab Delta

I'm not sure what Lab ε is either.

Yeah, I added it so Computer discussion wouldn't be flooded with help topics like it has in the past.  I've also gave a Lab: *greek letter* to each category.  Lab β DOES still exist and so does Lab ε.  Lab ε doesn't server a purpose at the moment so it may never be seen, but Lab β will show up when there are active GCL projects.

Great idea. Should I start a sticky in Computers and Technology discussion informing people to post in the new board for Tech Help instead?

Some randomness, but if you read the first four letters backwards, it says "ζ δγα".

[img]http://www.melilea.com/malaysia/mambots/content/fboxbot/thumbs/soya2_200x201_508d3682fa8b2c8e1772911535a61850.jpg[/img]

(sorry just had to!)

Date: 2011-08-25 16:15:36
Lab ε is the new name of the original (now unused) Lab γ category.  I didn't delete the category the (old) β and γ merge left behind so I renamed it.  As the name suggests, it would appear between Lab δ and ζ when boards are placed into it.

Yeah, I added it so Computer discussion wouldn't be flooded with help topics like it has in the past.  I've also gave a Lab: *greek letter* to each category.  Lab β DOES still exist and so does Lab ε.  Lab ε doesn't server a purpose at the moment so it may never be seen, but Lab β will show up when there are active GCL projects.

Great idea. Should I start a sticky in Computers and Technology discussion informing people to post in the new board for Tech Help instead?

Sure.  I'll probably move all the help topics into that board sometime soon.