Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Forum Discussion

Posting really slow? - Page 1

Posting really slow?

Posted by: Ketsuban
Date: 2016-04-06 23:42:59
Is anyone else having a problem where posts take a while to go through? (Granted, it's faster than it used to be, but still)

Re: Posting really slow?

Posted by: ISSOtm
Date: 2016-04-07 01:34:45
Seems to work fine, except when my connection is saturated by people torrenting ><

Posted by: Spoink
Date: 2016-04-07 16:04:55

Is anyone else having a problem where posts take a while to go through? (Granted, it's faster than it used to be, but still)

yep, it's always been like that for me

Posted by: SatoMew
Date: 2016-04-09 17:24:42
I think the issue is not that posts take long to be submitted but rather the page having refresh issues. If you open a new tab of the main page while the thread is being reloaded and check the Recent Posts section, you'll find that the post already went through.

Posted by: camper
Date: 2016-04-10 01:29:46
I think the loading time is directly proportional to the size of the thread?

EDIT: Apparently not, since this takes a long time to load as well.

Posted by: SCared_Fir3
Date: 2016-04-12 14:29:47
That's happened to me too, it takes awhile for a post to go through. Regardless of the post size, thread, forum, etc.

Posted by: Zowayix
Date: 2016-04-14 18:23:53
It's been like this for me for a while too. Also locking topics has the same issue.

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2016-08-09 13:37:41
I don't know if it's my imagination, but the site seems much faster following the migration. Part of that might be due to the new server having increased RAM, but also due to infrastructure changes due to moving from Apache/mod_php to nginx/php-fpm.

Let me know if you still experience slowness on the forum (or the wiki for that matter)

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2016-08-09 14:13:45

I don't know if it's my imagination, but the site seems much faster following the migration. Part of that might be due to the new server having increased RAM, but also due to infrastructure changes due to moving from Apache/mod_php to nginx/php-fpm.

Let me know if you still experience slowness on the forum (or the wiki for that matter)

I feel the same way too. The forums seem much faster to me now.

Posted by: Zowayix
Date: 2016-08-15 06:57:21
Yeah, I think it's working a lot better now. And I'm totally making this post for a meaningful purpose and not just to verify that theory.

Edit: Yeah, that was nice and fast.

Posted by: ISSOtm
Date: 2016-08-16 22:15:42
Big thanks to you Abywayax. I hated the slowness of posting (also factor in my lame connection, and bam), so, really big thanks.

Posted by: shaggs
Date: 2016-08-23 07:43:39

Yes the forums are definitely faster but for some reason
I have always experienced "lag" for lack of a better word
when posting. It doesn't bother me too much anyway I'm
a pretty patient guy when it comes to GCLF

Posted by: SatoMew
Date: 2016-09-19 17:29:53

I think the issue is not that posts take long to be submitted but rather the page having refresh issues. If you open a new tab of the main page while the thread is being reloaded and check the Recent Posts section, you'll find that the post already went through.

After-post refreshes are now practically instant and the site seems to load faster overall.

Thanks, Abwayax! :)