Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Forum Discussion

New messages image disappearing on phone - Page 1

New messages image disappearing on phone

Posted by: ISSOtm
Date: 2016-09-05 17:07:16
Yay for explicit titles !
Sometimes, usually when I open links, the NEW image becomes invisible. It's still working as a link, though, so I bet my phone is guilty. Might not be, so I'M posting here.
Using Chrome 52.0.2743.98 on Android 6.0.1 if that helps.

Re: New messages image disappearing on phone

Posted by: Yeniaul
Date: 2016-09-05 18:29:01

Sometimes, usually when I open links, the NEW image becomes invisible. It's still working as a link, though, so I bet my phone is guilty. Might not be, so I'M posting here.
Using 52.0.2743.98 on Android 6.0.1 if that helps.
"NEW image?"
What browser? The version number looks like Chrome's numbering, and "Yay for explicit titles"? The fuck?
I need MUCH more info before I even try to comprehend this post. Wait until you come back down before complaining about phone problems. It may not be there because you're HIGH.

Seriously, though… the fuck is this ISSOtm?

Posted by: ravioli
Date: 2016-09-05 21:39:44
It works fine for me on Debian, Mobile Safari, and Mobile Chrome. What browser are you using?

Date: 2016-09-05 21:58:06

It works fine for me on Debian, Mobile Safari, and Mobile Chrome. What browser are you using?
I could diagnose and potentially fix… but apparently I'm the only one who has NO FUCKING CLUE WHAT'S GOING ON.

Posted by: Bert
Date: 2016-09-05 22:37:33

but apparently I'm the only one who has NO FUCKING CLUE WHAT'S GOING ON.

Just another day at GCLF!

Date: 2016-09-06 00:16:00
Man, I just skipped the "Chrome" right before the version number. Sorry about that.
What I meant is what's happening to me is exactly what the topic's title describes : sometimes, the little image next to topic names  (the one that says NEW for New posts) disappears. Sorry if I've been unclear.

Posted by: CytricAcid
Date: 2016-09-06 02:57:02
[comes out of lurking] I've been having the same issue too, using the newest chrome on android. Theyre there at first, but when I go back to the same page they disappear. if mobile had a kind of "inspect element" thing that would probably make things much easier…

Date: 2016-09-06 03:06:00
Maybe we could try giving it a red border by injecting JavaScript via javascript: bookmarks. Too lazy to do that right now.
Plus, the image stays clickable, so I guess it is just a rendering bug (also the image eventually re-appears)

Posted by: Ketsuban
Date: 2016-09-06 04:42:20

Using 52.0.2743.98 on Android 6.0.1 if that helps.
"NEW image?"
What browser? The version number looks like Chrome's numbering, and "Yay for explicit titles"? The fuck?
I need MUCH more info before I even try to comprehend this post. Wait until you come back down before complaining about phone problems. It may not be there because you're HIGH.

Seriously, though… the fuck is this ISSOtm?

Dude. Calm the fuck down.

Date: 2016-09-06 05:38:52
Hey, it's okay. He calmed down. Besides, though I feel Yeniaul overreacted to my mistakes, I don't feel offensed.
So… yeah. Just let it slip, and let's get back to the actual topic.
Alright ?

Date: 2016-09-06 06:46:26
OHHH now I understand! Okay, try this:
1. Uninstall and reinstall (If Uninstall Updates instead, do it twice. Update first, obviously.)
2. Boot into Recovery Mode and "Wipe /cache"
3. Reboot
4. See if the problem occurs again
It seems a little extreme, and admittedly it IS, but without access to the phone I can't narrow down the problem and this is pretty much how you fix a LOT of Mobile Chrome's problems. Oh, it'll also free up space on your phone. There's that too.