Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Forum Discussion

Missing information. - Page 1

Missing information.

Posted by: Charmy
Date: 2016-10-04 03:30:24
I wanted to see what are the requirements for/profits of the Member+ group, and guess what? There's nothing about any requirements. Can anyone add that information? I kinda want to know.

Re: Missing information.

Posted by: ISSOtm
Date: 2016-10-04 07:01:26
If I'm correct, it's a vote.

Date: 2016-10-04 07:51:50
Ummmm what vote? Where?
I know that they can vote for others to become a Member+ or even, a Moderator, but that's it.
Also, what boards are accessible for only Members+ and above?

Posted by: Bert
Date: 2016-10-04 16:36:00
The requirements to become a Member+ are to my knowledge simply "don't be a knob for an extended period of time." It's normally voted on in the Exclusive Board, which only Member+'s and higher can see, although it doesn't get much use anymore.

The only other hidden boards I can think of are the staff board (which only mods and such can view) and the Forum Games board, which guests can't see.

Signed,
A guy who became a Member+ [size=1pt]without the voting process :^)[/size]

Date: 2016-10-04 16:44:28
Actually, you don't need to be Member+ to earn access to the Exclusive Board, other groups work (like me, I've got the access because I'm "Wiki Contributor". So I guess it's just closed to regular members ? Like, those that come and just lurk ?
I remember there is a page that explains it all somewhere in the rules.

Though I have access to the Exclusive Board, I don't have access to the Staff Board : as Bert said, the minimum rank (in terms of responsibilities) is Moderator, if I recall correctly.

I guess a mod/admin would be better suited to explain that :P

Edit : Gotcha link !
And it contains the info you didn't find… so yeah, pretty much everything you asked for.

Date: 2016-10-04 17:22:22
Here's a quote from me from the same thread that you linked.

There HAVE been changes, for example, the "Banned" group doesn't exist anymore, The "Glitch-Battle Alpha-Testers" are floating in smoke, the "Fangame Development Team" is dead too, and the "Decamark Researcher" group was killed by a Decamark (the + variant still exists though!).
Also, how is HorizonGirl76 and surfingpichu in the "Oldbie" group? HorizonGirl76 joined only 4 years ago, while surfingpichu, less than 6 months ago. Maybe they have new accounts? I need a confirmation though.

Also, nothing about requirements for most ranks. Or I'm just blind.
EDIT:Also, according to some forum stuff, I can already practicipate in the voting, I want to be sure if I won't get automaticlly rejected because I don't meet the requirements.
EDIT2:Here's the proof.

Date: 2016-10-05 01:35:54
You cannot vote for Member+ requests, but you can apply for membership.

Posted by: CytricAcid
Date: 2016-10-05 01:45:19
Huh, oldbie status? Technically my old accounts been around since 2007, but I dont think I did much contributing, though I do remember the IRC and SloshedMail. I was barely 13 when i joined, jeez…

Date: 2016-10-05 02:34:00

You cannot vote for Member+ requests, but you can apply for membership.

But, do I meet the requirements?

Posted by: Yeniaul
Date: 2016-10-05 16:10:39
I'd kind of like to know if I'm eligible, too…

Posted by: Ketsuban
Date: 2016-10-06 08:13:51
If you have to ask, the answer is "no". (At least that's how it used to be…)

Date: 2016-10-06 14:00:19
So Carl, what are the requirements?

Posted by: Spoink
Date: 2016-10-07 19:52:38
The requirements are just being a big contributor, as far as I know.

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2016-10-09 00:38:49
It's not necessarily being a big contributor. The main portion of a Member+ status is just being a valued and active member of the community, who abides by the rules, and is in general what we'd consider an "example" of what a GCL member should be.

You can apply to it or you can be nominated by either a current Member+ or higher. If you feel like you meet the requirements then feel free to apply - there's no harm in applying and the worst that can happen is that you get turned down.

Date: 2016-10-10 08:32:09
Well, I decided to wait at least until the release of Sun and Moon Special Demo, then I will attempt on applying to the Member+ group.