Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Forum Discussion

Cannot Post Due to File Size - Page 1

Cannot Post Due to File Size

Posted by: Duelist Of Roses
Date: 2018-06-29 16:56:15
I was trying to post something with an attachment. The file is exactly 5239KB Large and is the only attachment I uploaded. I got an error saying that the attachment was "too large" or that it "took to long to post". Obviously 5200 is less than 8000 but I looked it up in case I was being stupid.

Re: Cannot Post Due to File Size

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2018-06-29 17:10:13
The forum setup has probably gone through a handful of changes since that text was last updated. This is good to know, though. I'll let someone know.

Posted by: Duelist Of Roses
Date: 2018-06-29 17:46:03
Thank you. It was really annoying and I had no clue what was wrong. I even had to post something without an attachment despite mentioning one. Luckily I didn't lock the post. I'm glad that I found a forum where people do not take 3 weeks just to respond to you on a problem you post. It took some time to set up my profile on here but it was well worth it.

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2018-06-29 17:48:42
No problem. Abwayax is testing it out right now.

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2018-06-29 17:56:54
I can reproduce this so there definitely seems to be some sort of issue.

Please note that the error message is a generic error message that just says that your upload failed and offers possible reasons why. As your file does not exceed the size limit configured in the forum software, it's most likely a server configuration issue. I believe the forum software generates a different error message if it actually is larger than the allowed size.