Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Tech Help

Utilizing ZIP Files? - Page 1

Utilizing ZIP Files?

Posted by: Angrysmurf
Date: 2009-08-19 10:32:08
I recently downloaded the latest Action Replay Code Manager Software on to my computer; it came in a ZIP file. How do I use ZIP files? If I'm not making sense, that's fine; I'm trying to get my Action Replay to read my DS, which has been a frustrating experience so far.

Also, should this topic be somewhere else?

Re: Utilizing ZIP Files?

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2009-08-19 10:55:16
if you're using XP/Vista/Mac/Linux, just rightclick the .ZIP file and hit extract.

(In before someone links to the shitty program WinZip that hardly does anything with anything)

Date: 2009-08-19 11:03:33
Huh, I only get these options when I right-click the file:

Open
Encrypt by ADSM
Open with…
Share…
Scan for Security Threats
Send To-> Compressed (Zipped) Folder
          Desktop (Create Shortcut)
          Documents
          Mail Recipient
          DVD RW Drive (:E)
Cut
Copy
Create Shortcut
Delete
Rename
Properties

Posted by: Wild MissingNo. appeared
Date: 2009-08-19 11:25:29
If you're trying to unzip the file, use 7-Zip/WinRAR.

Posted by: Newo
Date: 2009-08-19 12:04:17
Personally I prefer 7zip than the built in one for Windows.

But if you want you can just open it and it will display everything within it (as if it were a folder) and copy the files out of it (copy and paste)

Date: 2009-08-19 18:59:18

But if you want you can just open it and it will display everything within it (as if it were a folder) and copy the files out of it (copy and paste)

Should I open it as a Word file?

EDIT: I opened it in Wordpad and got a bunch of gibberish (not surprisingly). Where should I copy it to? As I said, this is the latest version of Action Replay Code Manager.

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2009-08-20 07:23:34

Should I open it as a Word file?

EDIT: I opened it in Wordpad and got a bunch of gibberish (not surprisingly). Where should I copy it to? As I said, this is the latest version of Action Replay Code Manager.

Just download and install 7z from this: http://www.7-zip.org/

Edit: If you're on a Win32 operating system, download the 32-bit .msi file, not the .exe.

Date: 2009-08-20 08:15:03
Thanks a bunch Gary, the program made it work. The end result was the new program working! Thanks a lot!

*locks*