Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Tech Help

Only Windows Would... - Page 1

Only Windows Would...

Posted by: Bassmasta
Date: 2010-06-30 06:01:30
After a system update yesterday my computer has gone super slow at times and random .dll files have started disappearing from my computer. System restore doesn't work because it cannot access some file that it needs to work. Any ideas?

Re: Only Windows Would...

Posted by: Wild MissingNo. appeared
Date: 2010-06-30 09:20:26
I knew Windows 7 would cause trouble, no one had believed me. That sounds awfully strange, since when I'd gotten updates, my Vista started running slow, crashing everything in it's path. When were these updates?

Posted by: Stackout
Date: 2010-06-30 11:13:50

I knew Windows 7 would cause trouble, no one had believed me. That sounds awfully strange, since when I'd gotten updates, my Vista started running slow, crashing everything in it's path. When were these updates?

"When" ? "Which" would be more appropriate.

Date: 2010-06-30 12:39:00
I had updates about two weeks ago, and since then my Vista's been awfully weird, it's been very slow, the performance is going well down. I know there is/was a virus on Patch Tuesday (not sure which year), that caused blue screens of death (what I had in the end), but it could be flaws in the recent updates.

Posted by: Bassmasta
Date: 2010-06-30 18:16:37
Well since I'm really lazy about shutting off my computer (its a laptop with a slow startup) the update was two days ago, but it wanted to do the update about the same time as Mutou's.

Date: 2010-06-30 20:39:37
My shut down and start up are dead slow for me. Here's the virus about Patch Tuesday.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alureon

I don't think it's a virus, but my Vista's been slower than normal, been crashing a lot of things more than normal, start up is slow as a snail, shut down is just as bad, it wouldn't allow Avira to update on it's own, so I went back with Comodo Antivirus, and as of late, if I have the new Firefox 3.6.6. my performance hits the floor. Vista can't seem to find updates as it used to, since before when I did a "Check for updates" myself, I found 15 updates, Vista didn't tell me about, and I believe my Vista is still badly damaged from when I had that virus hit me back in October I think it was, but I can use System Restore, but sometimes the damage that was done, isn't always restored. My Vista laptop is still screwed from the data loss, as well as the virus. Was your Win7 downloaded, or did it come with your laptop (pre-installed like my Vista Home Basic is).

Posted by: OwnageMuch
Date: 2010-07-01 04:15:11
Upgrade to XP

Since what I just said isn't helpful, are you able to save all of your important files to an external disk, and reinstall your OS?

Posted by: krutomisi
Date: 2010-07-01 10:48:57
reinstall your OS?

my preinstalled windows 7 here didn't even come with a reinstall disc

not cool dell  [img]http://forums.glitchcity.info/Smileys/classic/angry.gif[/img]

Date: 2010-07-01 10:53:28
Times have changed, so these days people create their own back-up discs instead of the company giving you one.