Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Tech Help

stupid question - Page 1

stupid question

Posted by: SCared_Fir3
Date: 2012-09-21 09:49:44
so i just downloaded dolphin, a gamecube/wii emulator and i wanna know what kind of files it runs, because i tried downloading animal crossing & super smash bros but it won't open it, and those are .rar files. and i have a mac. someone help me with my stupidity. also does anyone know of any good sites to download roms at? the site i'm using is http://128bit.me/index.php?page=mlist&a=S

Re: stupid question

Posted by: Tsukuu
Date: 2012-09-21 14:45:12
It runs ISO files. Try extracting the RAR, it most likely has an ISO inside it. If not, you may have to extract its content and "burn" it as an ISO.

Date: 2012-09-21 21:25:49

It runs ISO files. Try extracting the RAR, it most likely has an ISO inside it. If not, you may have to extract its content and "burn" it as an ISO.

Okay that's what I thought, thanks!

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2012-09-21 21:38:47

They run .DOLs and some other file type actually.

Date: 2012-09-21 21:57:02

They run .DOLs and some other file type actually.

I downloaded AC but all I'm getting is this and then it turns to a black screen. :|

Posted by: Tsukuu
Date: 2012-09-22 01:28:35
Hmm, try changing the video plugin's configs or something…. that happened at my bro's PC/laptop when we used some random sets of configs aimimg to get extra speed iirc, but we used the DirectX plugin since it was Win7… idk, Dolphin is quite unpredictable with these errors and blackscreens.

Date: 2012-09-22 19:18:53
These guys would know more and be willing to help:

http://forums.dolphin-emulator.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7

Posted by: OwnageMuch
Date: 2012-09-22 20:35:08
I think your computer needs fairly high specs to be able to run it properly. This computer that I got in April works fine with it (I use it for trying TAS/testing some stuff in Mario Kart Wii), but the computer I had previously wouldn't run games at all.

Date: 2012-09-23 12:15:17
Okay I got the game to work, but the only thing I'm having trouble with is configuring my Wiimote controls. (I want to use my keyboard) The only thing I can do right now is click the Home Button which is enter, idk how to change the rest of the controls on a Mac. If you hover over the controls while configuring it says right and left click to change or clear but it doesn't do anything.

Date: 2012-09-23 12:18:35

These guys would know more and be willing to help:

http://forums.dolphin-emulator.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7