Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Tech Help

Guys i need help with some file sorting! D: - Page 1

Guys i need help with some file sorting! D:

Posted by: hpoké_coloradohugge
Date: 2014-03-16 18:23:58
Im working on some glitchpokémon things on my computer and im taking alot of screenshots and name the pictures by the pokémons hex number index, and i really want to store all the pictures by hexadecimal in the folder, but i don't know how to do it. This is how my computer sorts files by their names: (Attachment picture 1), and i would really like this examplefile called "0A" to be moved like this: (Attachment picture 2). so that in the end it will look like this in the folder: (Attachment picture 3). Plz help!!! =)

Re: Guys i need help with some file sorting! D:

Posted by: pokechu22
Date: 2014-03-16 20:27:53
I'm not sure if there is an option, although windows 8 doesn't seem to do this.  First thing I would do though is to enable file extensions, which won't solve the problem but makes things infinitely simpler. 

On windows 8, go to the view tab, then select Options, and then click the view tab, and then uncheck "Hide extensions for known file types".  Then select OK.  This will have all files show their true name, such as "0A.txt" or "0A.png". 

On earlier versions, I believe you get to it in a similar way.  Look for a menu item named "Folder and Search options". 

Anyways, what version of windows are you running? 

Try setting your current folder's view to "details".  Additionally, try clicking on "Name" and swapping the order. 

Posted by: Zowayix
Date: 2014-03-17 03:59:44
Since A is considered greater than 9 when binary sorting, this may be of some use: http://maximumpcguides.com/windows-7/turn-off-numerical-sorting-in-windows-explorer/

Posted by: hpoké_coloradohugge
Date: 2014-03-17 04:12:34

I'm not sure if there is an option, although windows 8 doesn't seem to do this.  First thing I would do though is to enable file extensions, which won't solve the problem but makes things infinitely simpler. 

On windows 8, go to the view tab, then select Options, and then click the view tab, and then uncheck "Hide extensions for known file types".  Then select OK.  This will have all files show their true name, such as "0A.txt" or "0A.png". 

On earlier versions, I believe you get to it in a similar way.  Look for a menu item named "Folder and Search options". 

Anyways, what version of windows are you running? 

Try setting your current folder's view to "details".  Additionally, try clicking on "Name" and swapping the order.

Well, i do have a Windows 8 currently.

Since A is considered greater than 9 when binary sorting, this may be of some use: http://maximumpcguides.com/windows-7/turn-off-numerical-sorting-in-windows-explorer/

Sure, I'll try this. And I´ll see if it works.

Posted by: MissingNo
Date: 2014-04-02 19:55:43
MS KB 319827 as well references this: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/319827