Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Tech Help

Backing Up my Virtual Console save - Page 1

Backing Up my Virtual Console save

Posted by: Olliecyclops
Date: 2017-08-26 19:25:25
Hi there!

I was wondering how I would be able to back up my Virtual Console save of Pokemon Blue (I am doing a glitch run of it and I really don't want my save wiped). I have New 3DS XL and my computer can read regular SD cards but not the microSD cards that the New 3DS's use. Could anyone help?

Thanks!  :D

Re: Backing Up my Virtual Console save

Posted by: Stackout
Date: 2017-08-26 19:34:15

Hi there!

I was wondering how I would be able to back up my Virtual Console save of Pokemon Blue (I am doing a glitch run of it and I really don't want my save wiped). I have New 3DS XL and my computer can read regular SD cards but not the microSD cards that the New 3DS's use. Could anyone help?

Thanks!  :D

I'm assuming your 3DS has CFW or homebrew, given that you need it for save backups.

Just use JKSM or another save manager homebrew like usual, and use some FTP homebrew to transfer the file from the SD card. Or you can use Nintendo's microSD management app from Settings, but their SMB implementation kinda sucks.

Date: 2017-08-26 20:02:01
No my 3DS dose not have eather CFW or homebrew (Been to scared that if I tryed any thing it would mess up my 3DS and I REALLY don't want that). Also I am no tech genius (Even though I am studying) so is there any guide online that takes me through step by step because once again I really don't want to mess up my 3DS

Thanks!

Date: 2017-08-26 20:07:30

No my 3DS dose not have eather CFW or homebrew (Been to scared that if I tryed any thing it would mess up my 3DS and I REALLY don't want that). Also I am no tech genius (Even though I am studying) so is there any guide online that takes me through step by step because once again I really don't want to mess up my 3DS

Thanks!

Yes, there is, it's at https://3ds.guide/ :)

Date: 2017-08-26 20:15:24
Cool thanks!

Date: 2017-08-27 06:34:08
Uhhh hey is there a video? I want to be really sure i am doing it right.

Thanks!

Date: 2017-08-27 07:17:49

Uhhh hey is there a video? I want to be really sure i am doing it right.

Thanks!

No, because videos can get outdated. On the guide site there's a link to a discord server where you can ask for help though.

Date: 2017-08-27 12:16:57
oh ok. Thanks tho!

Date: 2017-08-27 17:57:32
So this guide only works for version 9.0.0 through 11.3.0 and my 3DS is on 11.5.0. (I also don't have 2 3DS's) What do I do?

Posted by: Marv231
Date: 2017-08-27 19:10:31

So this guide only works for version 9.0.0 through 11.3.0 and my 3DS is on 11.5.0. (I also don't have 2 3DS's) What do I do?

I use Rpwng and Homebrew for Backing Up saves
It maybe working, if Nintendo doesn´t  fixed it already

https://mrnbayoh.github.io/rpwng/

Date: 2017-08-27 19:25:06
Oh god what I would give for a video  :-\  Oh well here goes nothing (I swear if this is a virus I will… scream at your post because there is nothing I can do legally to you)

Date: 2017-08-27 19:41:32
I can't do it. I am too scared that I am going to do something wrong and screw up my 3DS. What do I do? I have the homebrew starter kit downloaded and my 3DS's microSD card in the card reader and pulled up but where do I put the starter kit?

Date: 2017-08-27 20:34:03

I can't do it. I am too scared that I am going to do something wrong and screw up my 3DS. What do I do? I have the homebrew starter kit downloaded and my 3DS's microSD card in the card reader and pulled up but where do I put the starter kit?

Extract the starter kit to the root of your SD card.

Date: 2017-08-27 22:44:30

I use Rpwng and Homebrew for Backing Up saves
It maybe working, if Nintendo doesn´t  fixed it already

https://mrnbayoh.github.io/rpwng/

So when do the codes come out usually? (On their twiter RN none of the codes work)

Posted by: Marv231
Date: 2017-08-28 05:33:44
They fixed it Unfortunately, so that uploades of these files got deleted in a few seconds.  :-\

I don´t know any other ways of backing up 3DS saves

Maybe, you make a glitched run on an emulator and make Savestates, so if something went wrong, load the quicksave.