Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Tech Help

How to play GBA in side-by-side view on Android? - Page 1

How to play GBA in side-by-side view on Android?

Posted by: Sherkel
Date: 2019-05-26 18:55:23
I'm looking for an emulator on Android that can run GBA games (preferably other systems too, but primarily GBA for now,) but show the screen like this, with the exact same image on both sides (without the stretching, obviously.) I came up surprisingly dry when trying to find one. Maybe I didn't know what to search for. Anyone here have experience with this?

Re: How to play GBA in SBS view on Android?

Posted by: Parzival
Date: 2019-05-26 21:45:56
Side-by-side? I don't think any exist, no. You could mess with TrinusVR to get it to stream video from your PC's active wimdow and display a GBA game from it, but nothing native, no.

(Also TrinusVR isn't free, there's a trial copy and a paid copy, the trial kills your connection to your pc after like an hour at a time. Additionally, it looks like ass most of the time, but w/e)

Re: How to play GBA in side-by-side view on Android?

Date: 2019-05-27 18:49:11
I'd only want something that can run on my phone anyway, as it would defeat the purpose otherwise.

Posted by: Parzival
Date: 2019-05-27 20:01:33

I'd only want something that can run on my phone anyway, as it would defeat the purpose otherwise.
no emulators with SBS, no.

Date: 2019-11-09 21:30:32
There's a shader downloadable right from RetroArch that doubles the screen, but for some reason…squishes it horizontally. It's also the only one of the three "3D" ones that works on any of the GBA emulators available for it.

That means it's not out of the question, though. I could probably just find the relevant file and change a few values.