Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Project "Palette Town"

Project "Palette Town" - Page 2

Re: Project "Palette Town"

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2014-05-25 22:46:28

We could probably do with a SGB color logo, too. The monochrome one looks rather boring in my opinion, no offense intended.

Last time I tried touching the logo, xparasite9 got bent out of shape about "tearing down what ACE91 put in place" and no one else really cared one way or the other.  But I'm completely fine with a logo change.

Posted by: pokechu22
Date: 2014-05-28 15:59:00
I think the logo should not be changed.  The background is grayscale, and both of them look fine, because the entire site is primarily grayscale.  So changing it would possibly make it look out of place.

Mockup below looks fairly nice, so this is potentialy ignorable. 

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2014-05-29 12:24:21

I think the logo should not be changed.  The background is grayscale, and both of them look fine, because the entire site is primarily grayscale.  So changing it would possibly make it look out of place.

OK. Here's a mockup. I didn't scale it to the exact size or put it in the blue border, though:

[img]http://i.minus.com/jbmtjpBgTFTDWc.png[/img]

Posted by: Ketsuban
Date: 2014-05-29 15:35:46
That should be the logo now that we're colorizing everything.

Posted by: pokechu22
Date: 2014-05-29 22:03:01

OK. Here's a mockup. I didn't scale it to the exact size or put it in the blue border, though:

[img]http://i.minus.com/jbmtjpBgTFTDWc.png[/img]

That actualy looks like it works well color-wise.  I guess it is partly because SGB colors are less vibrant than that of the GBC.  For whatever reason when I pictured it in my head, it seemed like it would be too bright.