Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation I Glitch Discussion

how do you get these glitches? - Page 1

how do you get these glitches?

Posted by: Bluelatios
Date: 2007-03-09 23:52:42
i have been using the glitchdex to find the hex numbers for certain glitch pokemon obtainable only by cheat device on blue but i cant figure out the code! i tried the 01??D8CF (replaced ?? with hex) one but that only made a trainer appear. i also tried 01??87D8 (also replaced ?? with hex) but that didnt work either! i want to  catch all the glitch pokemon in the wild (or most of them) but i cant: what do i do?

Re: how do you get these glitches?

Posted by: Glitch King Missingno.
Date: 2007-03-10 01:01:28
Ah, another Glitch Hunter I see. I too am a Glitch Hunter. Okay. Inorder to use the hex codes, Enter this code:01XXD8CF

Replace XX with the HD code, and good luck finding Glitches!

Date: 2007-03-10 12:37:45
umm….dude, THATS THE CODE I TRIED AND DIDNT WORK! it just made a rattata with a trainers sprite appear. example: 01e0d8cf makes a fainted blackbelt appear. some glitch pokemon DO appear as themselves, but others dont. whats going on? PS: i found the blackbelt on route 2. i did the old man trick + code and  went to cinnabar and it had full health, but it still appeared as a blackbelt.

Date: 2007-03-10 13:33:31
waaiiiit a sec….i had the steal trainers pokemon code on. when that code is off, the blackbelt sends out pkmn pkmn! i will just turn on the steal trainers pokemon code (010157d0) AFTER the blackbelt sends it out (muahahaha im a thief). but how do u get pkmn pkmn to appear in the wild anyways? (just wondering)

Posted by: Glitch King Missingno.
Date: 2007-03-11 00:41:48
It should work. E0 will give you a blackbelt, but try F3 for Chisai-u (4)

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2007-03-11 07:44:41
D8CF only works on yellow otherwise its make pokemon appear as trainers
try D7CF for red/blue

Posted by: rby4ever
Date: 2007-03-11 08:50:12
Actually D8CF is for RB… D7CF is for Yellow. It's not the code that is the problem, just the execution.

What you need to do (the easiest way, anyway) is wait until the Pokemon has appeared, then turn the GS on. Then go ahead and throw the master ball, or whatever you need to do to catch it.