Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation I Glitch Discussion

Not really a glitch, but concerning the Missingno. Glitch - Page 1

Not really a glitch, but concerning the Missingno. Glitch

Posted by: DynaShock
Date: 2006-04-17 11:33:56
One day, while I was playing Pokemon Red, I decided to do the Missingno. glitch WITHOUT talking to the Old Man, to see the results. I just flew to the Cinnabar Islands, surfed on the coast and fought a level 128 Snorlax. It may seem farfeched (no pun intended), but after some more surfing, I saw 'M. I was pretty confused right about then. Is this a new discovery, or a mistake on my part? I did see the old man earlier, I did save after seeing him. Is it possible that you can save the Missingno. trick after you see the old man, but  not go to Cinnabar Island, turn the GB off, then continue and then find Missingno.?

Re: Not really a glitch, but concerning the Missingno. Glitch

Posted by: GlitchManic
Date: 2006-04-17 16:09:57
Just to add on,

When I talk to the old man and go to cinnabar
I battle Lvl. 30 vulpix, mewoth, and sandshrew,
plus the normal MissingNo., and 'M

( that's with the name GM too )

Posted by: Robjoe1107
Date: 2006-04-17 19:19:53
It would appear that saving can save data about what grass patch you were in last. In your case, the Old Man's grass. I saw this the other day while duplicating TMs.

Date: 2006-04-18 19:58:21
Hmm…I never thought of that. Thanks, Robjoe.

Posted by: Vito
Date: 2006-04-30 07:12:49
Its possible you traded with one of the trainers in the Cinnabar Lab. That triggers Missingno too. I'm not sure about M though.

Date: 2006-05-21 23:46:13
Nah, I alrady traded before I ever knew about/tried the Old Man trick. Can't trade again.